10-28-2013, 03:55 PM
Recall on gsxr's
http://www.edgarsnyder.com/blog/2013/10/...ecall.html

You're welcome...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2013, 05:09 PM
RE: Recall on gsxr's
Thanks for Posting. I saw this on another site this morning, just got too busy at work to post.

I smell a super duper large class action suit broiling.

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
10-28-2013, 06:23 PM
can you imagine all of those accidents that will be blamed because of brakes, and not to mention you're talking between 2004-2013???

ouch
10-28-2013, 06:57 PM
Rob's bike wasn't stolen! The Suzuki factory workers just recalled it! In the middle of the night! Without him knowing!

Also, Rolando... I think this means you can get a brand new bike!

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**
10-28-2013, 09:09 PM
(10-28-2013 06:57 PM)The Doctor Wrote:  Rob's bike wasn't stolen! The Suzuki factory workers just recalled it! In the middle of the night! Without him knowing!

You bet your ass I'm gonna fill out that claim form!!!

This is not going to go over well at all for Suzuki.

And it's funny because I found myself bleeding my brakes a lot to get the lever feel back. So much so I was considering getting a Brembo unit. I may still end up doing do if I rebuild my bike for sure. But I believe Nissin is the manufacture of the MC. So I'm sure they will share the burden.

10-31-2013, 02:24 PM
Damn! This is insane...
10-31-2013, 03:40 PM
(10-28-2013 09:09 PM)JetMech Wrote:  
(10-28-2013 06:57 PM)The Doctor Wrote:  Rob's bike wasn't stolen! The Suzuki factory workers just recalled it! In the middle of the night! Without him knowing!

And it's funny because I found myself bleeding my brakes a lot to get the lever feel back. So much so I was considering getting a Brembo unit. I may still end up doing do if I rebuild my bike for sure. But I believe Nissin is the manufacture of the MC. So I'm sure they will share the burden.

Just to interject here, keep in mind that things like this is what drives costs up for the consumer down the road. That being said, if this was legitimately the cause, by all means, please do make sure you are compensated, however, and this is not speaking directly of you or anyone else for that matter, personal accountability and responsibility is generally lacking in many motorcycle accidents. You did mention you were trying to avoid some local wildlife....... Again, not implying anything. And your bike most certainly may have suffered from this recall problem, but determining if that was in fact the cause of your wreck would be nearly impossible if not completely impossible. They (Suzuki) know this, and I am sure you do too. You would have to sue for any compensation and, as sad as this truth is, they have MUCH deeper pockets than you or any of us to fight it - usually at a higher cost than any settlement would require. The logic completely escapes me, but I have seen it first hand a few times in unrelated things.

Again, if you can actually show that this issue was the direct cause, nail em to the wall. But the fact that insurance already paid the claim against it, you don't have a whole lot left to go for there anyway.

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
10-31-2013, 05:23 PM
(10-31-2013 03:40 PM)That Guy Wrote:  
(10-28-2013 09:09 PM)JetMech Wrote:  

Just to interject here, keep in mind that things like this is what drives costs up for the consumer down the road. That being said, if this was legitimately the cause, by all means, please do make sure you are compensated, however, and this is not speaking directly of you or anyone else for that matter, personal accountability and responsibility is generally lacking in many motorcycle accidents. You did mention you were trying to avoid some local wildlife....... Again, not implying anything. And your bike most certainly may have suffered from this recall problem, but determining if that was in fact the cause of your wreck would be nearly impossible if not completely impossible. They (Suzuki) know this, and I am sure you do too. You would have to sue for any compensation and, as sad as this truth is, they have MUCH deeper pockets than you or any of us to fight it - usually at a higher cost than any settlement would require. The logic completely escapes me, but I have seen it first hand a few times in unrelated things.

Again, if you can actually show that this issue was the direct cause, nail em to the wall. But the fact that insurance already paid the claim against it, you don't have a whole lot left to go for there anyway.

- Justin

Well stated an I agree on 95% of what you mentioned. The fact that we are not dealing with aircraft, which I am accustomed too, the investigation of a failure of a part such as a master cylinder on 200k+ bikes will be enormous, as opposed to one part on one aircraft accident.

A class action lawsuit here I am sure will follow. Many owners represented by many lawyers will come together and present evidence that their clients wrecked because of increased stopping distance caused by their POS master cylinder. Though the court may not agree to go through every accidents' details, they will agree to come up with some sum of $ that will be spilt up among all the represented owners and will end up being peanuts in the grand scheme of things. Sucks for those that did lose their lives at no fault of their own. The fact that Suzuki self-disclosed the matter and issued a recall on their own, will go far in minimizing the monetary penalty. I will still out the form so I can get my check in the mail that will cover a Starbucks coffe and danish.

Is this a battle for me worth fighting? No, not really. Every vehicle has their short comings. We all know and understand the risks when we swing our legs over bike.

I have all my limbs in tact, and I knew that there was an issue with my MC every time I bled it, just to have a spongy lever two months down the road. So, bottom line, even if I get a new MC from Suzuki, I will still end up replacing it with a Brembo and Suzuki can Kissmyarse

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious