Rate Thread
10-31-2013, 07:25 PM
Poll Time
I'm looking for gloves and was wondering what would be the top 3-4 gauntlet style out there????
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-31-2013, 08:36 PM
RE: Poll Time
I know the Bilts are supposed to be cheap, bur after 2 track days they are holding up well and are real comfy especially if you have fat fingers

28 YEAR AMA CHARTER LIFE MEMBER! I ride the BUSA and THE GOLDWING 1800. Sold the Gsxr1000 for the 2002 KLR650
10-31-2013, 09:08 PM
I have/had a set of Joe Rocket Speedmaster 8.0 gloves. I tested them twice and they held up great! If the stitches didn't bust on one of the pads I would continue to use them. They have been on many rides and through about 7 or 8 trackdays already. I plan on buying another set unless I step up the A star gloves but them are are like $230 compare to the Joe Rockets that are $130.

http://joerocket.com/catalog/index.cfm/2...aster_8.0_[Leather_Race]

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
10-31-2013, 09:54 PM
Is coretech any good?
11-01-2013, 08:31 AM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2013 08:35 AM by 12DCRR.)
Coretechs stuff seems pretty good. Can't say anything from personal experiance though...

If you go with Bilt or Sedici from CG just make sure to test fit BOTH gloves and browse through all the pairs for the best set. I don't think their stuff looks all that bad, but the quality control seems lacking sometimes. So just look at all of the seems and make sure the stitches look good, then also try both on because the two maybe different from each other. I had a pair of the Sedici Rapidos that I returned because the sizing was a bit off and I couldn't find another pair at the store that seemed sufficient... Also probably more of a "one and done" sort of glove so consider that as well.

I have a Joe Rocket jacket that I like, don't know about their gloves though.. I'd say probably around the level of the Coretech stuff.. but who knows..

I think SBKLove has some of their stuff.. (Coretech)

As far as A* and some of the other name brands it depends on how much you wanna spend.... The A* SP-2 is around $100 and seems like a pretty good glove. But then again you could spend I think it's $230 or so for the GP-Plus from A* as well. I think the cheapest pair of Dainese full gauntlets are around $150.

To be honest though I would check these out: http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=6963

(While your in there check out some of the other close outs, I think I saw some Held (which are AMAZING gloves) and Puma stuff (made by Dainese for Puma) in there as well...

IMO the Knox Recons are probably the most amount of protection you can get for $100 right now. (They are normally $170) I bought a pair and have a guy off of 600rr.net that you can call and he can walk you through the sizing and get your order all set up. He's awesome my gloves fit PERFECT. I called him on a Wednesday and he got my gloves to me by Friday because I needed them for a trackday.. The fastening system is a little weird at first but I love it now you can adjust to exactly what's comfy for you.

Oh yea and I crash tested them and they definitely got a few more left in them. I'll post pics up if you want!

Holy novel batman, lol I hope this helps!

Not everybody DOESN'T do those things either!
11-01-2013, 02:07 PM
I have the Sedici Ultimo's or something. I love them. They're not that expensive, plenty of ventilation, plus, if they ever get any busted seams due to wear and tear (which as a daily commuter, happens to me a lot), they're covered under the lifetime warranty!

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**
11-01-2013, 08:05 PM
Thanks. I'll prob go to CG
11-03-2013, 03:35 AM
I'd recommend Sedici Rapido gloves, they've held up well and have excellent protection (60 on sale, 100 regular), as well as a lifetime replacement guarantee. If that doesn't sell it, I dunno what does.

Think for yourself, question authority.
11-05-2013, 09:15 PM
Motoports Kevlar racing glove is the best glove. Guaranteed replacement if they can't repair it after a crash. Ten times stronger than leather, and does not weaken every time it gets wet like leather. If it gets dirty or smelly, just throw it in the wash. For 99 percent of the riders, this will be the last pair of gloves you will ever buy. Well made. I'm on my second pair after I wore my first set out after five years of daily use. Great gloves for Vegas weather, not the greatest gloves if you are looking for winter gloves.

Runs around $169.

Motoport.com
11-06-2013, 09:13 AM
Well I decided on a pair of Sedici's from CG. They cost me $65 and they fit just right. plus the fact that they have a lifetime warranty.....
thanks for your inputs gentlemen...

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious