Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
New Rider New Member
02-06-2014, 08:16 PM
New Rider New Member
Hello my fellow riders. I am brand new to the motorcycle world. My name is Ian. I am a Las Vegas native born and raised. Im filipino and i am finally going to be the proud owner of a 2012 CBR 250(my first bike ever). I have the general idea of how to properly care for my bike and how to ride. I do need advice into how to turn at higher speeds and just advice in general would be cool. I have full set of gear (helmet,jacket,gloves,and boots). I started riding to finally enjoy the world around and enjoy it thru a new perspective.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2014, 08:26 PM
RE: New Rider New Member
Welcome Ian, congrats on getting on two wheels!There is a wealth of experience with this club but i would suggest taking a riders course.At any rate welcome again and check the forum for posted rides or post one yourself. always someone here willing to ride!! Look forward to riding with ya.

LIVE OR DIE TRYING
02-06-2014, 09:42 PM
thanks a bunch, yea im planning on getting that course done sometime soon. quick question for anyone... if you have ur own bike can u take the advance rider course and still get ur M endorsement or do u have to take the basic course first?
02-06-2014, 09:52 PM
dont you have your m yet. welcome to the forum

I don't need anger management, you need to shut the fuck up
I may have to grow up ,But I can be immature for life
02-06-2014, 09:53 PM
I did the rider course a year ago if I remember correctly you have to do the basic course first and you have to use their bikes the point of the advanced course is for people that already have their M License
02-07-2014, 01:03 AM
You do not need the basic first. You can take the advanced class and get your M endorsement. thats what I did

[Image: 9d765f67-981a-472a-ac7e-cd56d5c63b90_zps...1369163536]
02-07-2014, 01:15 AM
Welcome! Ride safe! The two courses that are offered, you can take either one. Both will allow you to get your M endorsement at the Nevada DMV. The basic course is three days and they do provide the motorcycles in that course. I'm sure if you are a beginning rider, that it is clearly the best option for you. The Advanced course you will have to provide a motorcycle and is only one day long. However the instructors reserve the right to not allow you to continue and finish the course if you are clearly not a capable rider with no refund. I know a lot of first time riders that have just taken the advanced course and had no issues. With that said I still retook the three day basic course to get my M endorsement for nevada as I didn't swap over my California endorsement. I'm sure most everyone will suggest the basic as well to start with but it is clearly up to you and your level of comfort. Just a FYI the basic course had a lot of different level riders in mine from those that had never been on a bike to those with many years of riding and wanted a refresher course. I'm sure if this information is incorrect that Howie will correct me as he is one of the local instructors here in town that teaches the course.

Safe riding again, have fun, and welcome!
02-07-2014, 05:09 AM
Welcome! Definitely take one of the courses... I would suggest the basic course first because no matter how much you think you know, you are still doing it wrong (I learned this after 8 years of riding, then finally taking the basic MSF and found out I was doing a bunch of things wrong (well sorta, I learned track stuff on my own but was trying to apply that to street). Anyway, do that before you do much if any riding, you'll live longer and its easier to learn new things than it is to have to unlearn bad habits.

Either way, again, welcome. Let me know if you need any help on the bike mechanically. I do side work wrenching on bikes (click the link in my sig - shameless plug) but am also happy to get you hands on to learn a thing or two also if you want.

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
02-07-2014, 08:27 AM
(02-06-2014 08:16 PM)SST91 Wrote:  Hello my fellow riders. I am brand new to the motorcycle world. My name is Ian. I am a Las Vegas native born and raised. Im filipino and i am finally going to be the proud owner of a 2012 CBR 250(my first bike ever). I have the general idea of how to properly care for my bike and how to ride. I do need advice into how to turn at higher speeds and just advice in general would be cool. I have full set of gear (helmet,jacket,gloves,and boots). I started riding to finally enjoy the world around and enjoy it thru a new perspective.

Welcome Pare and congrats on the bike! Glad you have the full set of gears (most people get the bike first and worry about the gear later lol). hope to see you on some rides in the future!

Buy my stuff lol Shoei RF1100 faceshields for sale (should fit x12s too)

Bilt and teknic mesh jacket (small)

http://scsportbikes.org/Thread-Harbor-Fr...ess-12-ton
02-07-2014, 11:10 AM
Welcome. I would also suggest the basic course first, I took the basic course when I was first learning and am really glad I did, I learned so much. Hope to see u out an about soon. Enjoy that cbr 250, one of the best starter bikes around.

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious