Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
My project at home
07-25-2012, 05:06 AM
My project at home
So I've been neglecting riding a lot lately and it's for good cause... Between work and refurbishing my garage I have been über busy. But with hard work and persistence I have some pictures to show and I can now proudly show my garage with pride rather than embarrassment. 

This was the mess I made over the last 10 years Confused

[Image: e81e7710.jpg]

I started with texturing all the walls and throwing on a three tone paint scheme. I also made the union jack flag since I only on triumphs.

[Image: 0be1fac3.jpg]
[Image: 74a12f4f.jpg]
[Image: abf82438.jpg]

I installed six 8-foot fluorescent fixtures to take car of lighting (holy shit is it bright)

[Image: 5475f23e.jpg]
[Image: 8fd46701.jpg][Image: 4ae8ce9c.jpg]
[Image: 27a8c4d8.jpg]

I am excited to say I pulled the car in the garage for the first time EVER! 

[Image: 27a8c4d8.jpg]

[Image: 643df9c0.jpg]

[Image: 95a7bf1f.jpg]

Next on the list is tiling the floor followed by touching up all the paint. 

If you noticed an old time jeep in the garage you may be interested in seeing a better picture so here it is.

Its a 1947 jeep willys that needs a little TLC to get back on the road 
[Image: f0a1a8bb.jpg]
If anyone knows how to work on these things and would like to lend a hand one day let me know. 
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-25-2012, 06:42 AM
RE: My project at home
Decent setup, missing some of the bigger items like an air compressor and a welder but you're getting there. This is my project at home: '79 Yamaha XS650 bobber. Can't wait to piss everyone off by kickstarting this straight piped bitch at 6am

[Image: xp4g0n.jpg]
07-25-2012, 07:58 AM
(07-25-2012 06:42 AM)ridethebigone Wrote:  Decent setup, missing some of the bigger items like an air compressor and a welder but you're getting there. This is my project at home: '79 Yamaha XS650 bobber. Can't wait to piss everyone off by kickstarting this straight piped bitch at 6am

[Image: xp4g0n.jpg]

That bike looks sick what more needs to be done?

I'm going to get an air compressor once I lay the floor down. I would also like a blast cabinet and who knows what else... You know as well as I do our garages are never done.
07-25-2012, 08:58 AM
Nice... I'm going to do some updates to my garage in a few months. Where did you get your cabinets?
07-25-2012, 09:28 AM
Pretty sweet setup! I cant wait to become a home owner so i can pimp my garage!!

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
07-25-2012, 09:36 AM
(07-25-2012 08:58 AM)vegaseric Wrote:  Where did you get your cabinets?

Rofl2Rofl2Rofl2

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**
07-25-2012, 09:59 AM (This post was last modified: 07-25-2012 10:02 AM by ridethebigone.)
Quote:That bike looks sick what more needs to be done?

All the electrics (charging, ignition, lighting) which I'm doing this weekend, along with the drive (chain/sprockets). Have to fab the foot controls, rear wheel spacers, few misc. brackets for some shit and then it'll be on the road. It's kickstart only, straight piped, just fucking stupid loud. That, along with my air compressor that cranks out around 700db, welding, grinding, and 1000 watt 5.1 (yes, I have 5.1 surround sound in my garage) playing non stop thrash metal my neighbors think I'm cool as shit, they're just thrilled I live there.

Quote:Pretty sweet setup! I cant wait to become a home owner so i can pimp my garage!!

Why wait? Holes in the walls... that's what spackle is for. Icon_thumleft
07-25-2012, 01:58 PM
(07-25-2012 08:58 AM)vegaseric Wrote:  Nice... I'm going to do some updates to my garage in a few months. Where did you get your cabinets?

I got them at same club they are $69 a piece and are decent, they are comparable to gladiator cabinets but just not as expensive.

If you want an extra set of hands when you tackle your garage just let me know

(07-25-2012 09:28 AM)ars0n Wrote:  Pretty sweet setup! I cant wait to become a home owner so i can pimp my garage!!

But you're already a pimp with out a pimped out garage

(07-25-2012 09:59 AM)ridethebigone Wrote:  
Quote:That bike looks sick what more needs to be done?

All the electrics (charging, ignition, lighting) which I'm doing this weekend, along with the drive (chain/sprockets). Have to fab the foot controls, rear wheel spacers, few misc. brackets for some shit and then it'll be on the road. It's kickstart only, straight piped, just fucking stupid loud. That, along with my air compressor that cranks out around 700db, welding, grinding, and 1000 watt 5.1 (yes, I have 5.1 surround sound in my garage) playing non stop thrash metal my neighbors think I'm cool as shit, they're just thrilled I live there.

Let me know when you get it going I want to see in person!

You sound like an angel of a neighbor...

Quote:Pretty sweet setup! I cant wait to become a home owner so i can pimp my garage!!

Why wait? Holes in the walls... that's what spackle is for. Icon_thumleft

Any holes in Arson's drywall are referred to as Goly Holes
08-25-2012, 01:58 AM
I Just finished the floor... Now I need to clean up the mess

[Image: 49F32CDB-77AE-4263-B600-177D5F218BF0-799...607742.jpg]
08-25-2012, 02:03 AM