Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Motorcycle Salvage Yards????
09-27-2012, 11:42 AM
Motorcycle Salvage Yards????
Is there any motorcycle salvage yards in the LV area? I have not been able to find anything as of yet.

I am specifically looking for an upper fairing for an 83-86 Honda VF500/700/750/1000 F Interceptor (if you happen to know of a parts bike anywhere).

If you know of any salvage yards within a few hours from here, Please let me know.

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2012, 02:39 PM
RE: Motorcycle Salvage Yards????
Don't know of any but when I need parts specific to my bike I jump on a forum for said bike (600rr.net) and hit the classifieds. Have been able to find random shit cheap when people part out bikes, be worth looking into.
09-27-2012, 03:03 PM
yeah tried that on the V4 boards but with these old bikes, people, especially in the community for that bike, tend to hoard parts or charge in excess for them because they are "collectibles" or no longer made/supported parts... just too expensive, especially when they figure out you are going to cut it up into a custom thing...

Damn on the no salvage yards though. I'll keep digging.

- J

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
09-27-2012, 10:12 PM
Hi Justin
This is Yoichi .Nice to meet you.
Is this the parts what you need??

http://page15.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/t98857920

This shop said the parts has a small crack on near screen based screw,and looks little bit dirty!
It will be 12475 JPY >>167.23USD (CASH B 74.6USD on Sep 28th)
(include shipping fee and tax in only Japan)

But ,,I don't know how much the cost to send this from Tokyo Japan to Las Vegas..
09-28-2012, 09:12 AM
I have a buddy in Phoenix that hits up a bike salvage yard all the time for parts. I believe it's called "Bob's used motorcycle parts".
09-28-2012, 04:38 PM
(09-27-2012 11:42 AM)MVBrutaleRider Wrote:  Is there any motorcycle salvage yards in the LV area? I have not been able to find anything as of yet.

I am specifically looking for an upper fairing for an 83-86 Honda VF500/700/750/1000 F Interceptor (if you happen to know of a parts bike anywhere).

If you know of any salvage yards within a few hours from here, Please let me know.

- Justin

Geared Up Moto is building their "used parts inventory" but mostly late model Japanese sport bikes. We dont stock anything older but the guy next door has some older bike parts in stock and may be able to help! The name of the business is "Used Motorcycle Parts R Us." Otherwise I would try Las Angeles Motorcycle Salvage! Ask for Big Mac! Tell him Geared Up of Las Vegas sent you and he will hook you up.

*GOOD LUCK GETTING AHOLD OF BOBS IN PHOENIX! Wink

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious