Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Mesh for headlights
06-25-2013, 05:19 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2013 05:20 PM by ars0n.)
RE: Mesh for headlights
Most of us go by our screen names. But, if you look around, you might find out some members names.. =D

If you have any questions about the club check out these posts..

http://scsportbikes.org/Thread-Intereste...ET-IN-HERE

http://scsportbikes.org/Thread-About-Us-...Sportbikes

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-25-2013, 05:41 PM
Very cool.. How many members are in this group?
06-25-2013, 05:49 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2013 05:51 PM by ars0n.)
Not the size that counts.. =D its the quality.. =D

lol there are about 12-14 of us. Which can fluctuate daily..

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

06-25-2013, 05:54 PM
If I had a dollar everytime I.... nevermind,

I think I saw a video on here about the bikers that were harassing the car on the 215 and one got bumped.. is that on here?
06-25-2013, 05:58 PM
Im not sure, I havent seen it on here but everyone on face book seems to be posting it up... that was part of the random rider crew debacle.. shitty outcome. Hope the best for everyone involved!

06-27-2013, 08:20 PM
Welcome to the site!!! This is a very small group with quality people. Some of us are track junkies and others just like to ride the street, and everywhere in between. There is a lot of experience in this group so dont be aftoad to ask questions or ask for help.

We have a friendly atmosphere and fun for the whole family. And I am not being sarcastic. Anyway, hope to see you out on some rides.

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
06-27-2013, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome. I definitely plan on coming out for a ride.
Maybe Sunday morning. If not i'll keep an eye on here for other rides.

Also,
I've changed my turn signals into LEDs, added a relay switch and I get all blinkers going at once. So I'd like to figure this out before hitting the streets.
Grrrrrrr!!!
06-28-2013, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2013 04:48 PM by JetMech.)
(06-27-2013 09:24 PM)LVBrokr Wrote:  Thanks for the warm welcome. I definitely plan on coming out for a ride.
Maybe Sunday morning. If not i'll keep an eye on here for other rides.

Also,
I've changed my turn signals into LEDs, added a relay switch and I get all blinkers going at once. So I'd like to figure this out before hitting the streets.
Grrrrrrr!!!

You might need a resistor installed. Did the turn signals come with one?

Post up your issue in the "Mechanical" section and there are plenty of people here who have come across a similar situation with LED's. The led has less resistance so it will cause the light to blink faster and possibly just stay on the whole time. A resistor would help with that.

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
06-28-2013, 05:07 PM
A resistor is a band aid solution... Also known as load balancers. The basic reason for needing those is because the flasher is usually a thermal flasher... That is, that there is an metal tab basically that when the circuit is closed (bulb illuminated) it begins to heat up, and when it reaches a certain temp, it distorts and opens the circuit, thus cooling and repeating the cycle. The resistance (load) of the bulb is what regulates the speed of this flash. LED do not put enough load on the flasher and thus you get a faster cycle of the flasher or sometimes it doesnt function at all. Some bikes, kawasakis I have noticed in particular, do strange things when you put LEDs on the circuit. Load balancers are also VERY inefficient and wasteful and can eventually cause other problems.

The better solution is to use an electronic flasher. These use a magnetic solenoid and an ic timer circuit to regulate the flash. This basically allows it to flash at the proper rate regardless of circuit load. This can also eliminate some of the load problems caused by the LEDs.

Any auto parts store should be able to find you the right flasher. Sometimes, however they can be integrated into other units an need to be bypassed. This is more advanced and unless you are very confident, you should seek a professional. Shouldn't be the case with your bike tho.

Bottom line, don't use load balancers, unless your bike just won't work right after using an electronic flasher.

- J

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
06-28-2013, 05:10 PM
And your mentioning of adding a relay switch has me concerned that something is wired wrong. Likely you have the relay wired after the switch... Which is not correct. It should be on the supply before the switch thus allowing the switch to activate the left and right circuits independently.

- J

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious