Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
MC Helmets with HUD
07-29-2013, 04:32 PM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2013 04:34 PM by JetMech.)
MC Helmets with HUD
http://autos.yahoo.com/news/motorcycle-h...15114.html

Head Up Display Communications Systems from Reevu.

[Image: a4645377-f388-4904-93fd-87aa9d268c16_ree...4495_l.jpg]

Reevu is a company keen on reinventing the helmet as we know it. Most recently, the company touted a rearview camera that keeps track of the action going on behind your head. This is rather useful for motorcyclists and could be adapted by those racing open-top cars.

Now Reevu is looking to push commercial helmet technology even further. Get ready to get your fighter pilot style on, because helmets are getting head-up displays.

Already available in military applications, the helmet-based HUD hasn't trickled down into civilian applications... until now. Reevu has created a helmet that utilizes an optical display, which can be adapted to provide a wealth of information. GPS can be integrated to show directions; a phone can be paired with the helmet so that calls can be taken without a rider moving his or her hands away from the bike, and his or her eyes away from the road.

Reevu says that a system could even be devised to display engine data so the rider is aware of the current conditions of their machine.

At the moment, the systems are currently geared towards the world of motorsports. It's not hard to see this technology trickling down to everyday applications. It will need to be refined so that it doesn't create a distraction for the rider, but when done right it could be a great tool in keeping the rider moving along in a safer manner. An extra set of "eyes" is a good thing on a bike.

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-29-2013, 05:03 PM
RE: MC Helmets with HUD
Not for $2000 us.

I don't need anger management, you need to shut the fuck up
I may have to grow up ,But I can be immature for life
07-30-2013, 04:57 AM
I still cant really fathom why you would want telemetry projected in your helmet... seems that would be more distracting than having to look at your gauges... and especially on the track... now if they could make one that give audible readouts instead of visual, that would interest me more although that could be annoying... would need to be able to control what is said and when. Nav would be nice.

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
07-30-2013, 10:19 AM
I wish I was out of med-school already Sad5

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**
07-30-2013, 10:43 AM
(07-30-2013 10:19 AM)The Doctor Wrote:  I wish I was out of med-school already Sad5

dont you have to start med school first to be able to get out of med school?

- J

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
07-30-2013, 11:31 AM
The problem is turning the helmet into the entire unit.

They could easily create a film that you slap on the inside of your helmet that displays this info and is either tethered by BT or wireless or wired from the helmet to the computer unit placed under the gas tank, fairing, hidden away some where and all you do is plug in and go.

Everyone wants to incorporate the entire unit into the helmet. I think that is very dangerous..hard objects on the INSIDE of the helmet can never be a good thing. Micro boards, batteries, etc..

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
07-31-2013, 12:57 AM
(07-30-2013 11:31 AM)ars0n Wrote:  The problem is turning the helmet into the entire unit.

They could easily create a film that you slap on the inside of your helmet that displays this info and is either tethered by BT or wireless or wired from the helmet to the computer unit placed under the gas tank, fairing, hidden away some where and all you do is plug in and go.

Everyone wants to incorporate the entire unit into the helmet. I think that is very dangerous..hard objects on the INSIDE of the helmet can never be a good thing. Micro boards, batteries, etc..

Plus all that little bit of extra weight adds up, and then you have a nine pound helmet sitting on your noggin'

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious