Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Lane Splitting in Nevada??!?!?!?!?!
03-13-2013, 12:19 PM
Lane Splitting in Nevada??!?!?!?!?!
Make lane-splitting legal in Nevada!!! show your support for this new bill
1) follow the link below
2) Select Bill in the pull-down: AB236 (Assembly Bill 236)
3) select Your View: FOR
4) enter Constituent Information (name, address, city, zipcode) press Submit!!!
https://www.leg.state.nv.us/App/Opinions/77th2013/A/
Share your Opinion
http://www.leg.state.nv.us

anyone else want this?

[Image: 9d765f67-981a-472a-ac7e-cd56d5c63b90_zps...1369163536]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-13-2013, 12:21 PM
RE: Lane Splitting in Nevada??!?!?!?!?!
Sweet sassy molassy!!

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
03-13-2013, 12:22 PM
Could be, yes,no,maybe

28 YEAR AMA CHARTER LIFE MEMBER! I ride the BUSA and THE GOLDWING 1800. Sold the Gsxr1000 for the 2002 KLR650
03-13-2013, 01:11 PM
This is going to fun

Here is my take on this whole thing: Lane SHARING is legal in CA. In CA, since his has been legal for sometime now, many drivers look out for motorcyclists. Not the case here in NV. If they do make it legal, expect a lot of accidents caused by drivers who, "just didn't see the motorcycle."

When I commuted in SoCal, I did it more often than not when traffic was at a crawl. My own rule of thumb was, if traffic is moving faster than 20 mph, no lane sharing for me. Now there were those few who would do it traveling 75 mph, and we all know that taking a spill at that speed can be fatal. Bottom line is, Las Vegas traffic is not motorcycle friendly. I believe their needs to be more awareness before we make lane sharing legal.

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
03-13-2013, 01:17 PM
(03-13-2013 01:11 PM)JetMech Wrote:  This is going to fun

Here is my take on this whole thing: Lane SHARING is legal in CA. In CA, since his has been legal for sometime now, many drivers look out for motorcyclists. Not the case here in NV. If they do make it legal, expect a lot of accidents caused by drivers who, "just didn't see the motorcycle."

When I commuted in SoCal, I did it more often than not when traffic was at a crawl. My own rule of thumb was, if traffic is moving faster than 20 mph, no lane sharing for me. Now there were those few who would do it traveling 75 mph, and we all know that taking a spill at that speed can be fatal. Bottom line is, Las Vegas traffic is not motorcycle friendly. I believe their needs to be more awareness before we make lane sharing legal.

I do agree with you, but sitting in bumper to bumper traffic on the 15 or 95 in the 110degree summer's here can be harsh.

[Image: 9d765f67-981a-472a-ac7e-cd56d5c63b90_zps...1369163536]
03-13-2013, 01:31 PM
(03-13-2013 01:17 PM)jZon Wrote:  

I do agree with you, but sitting in bumper to bumper traffic on the 15 or 95 in the 110degree summer's here can be harsh.

This. And this may sound harsh, but if you really want to lane split while doing 90 you deserve what you get. Lane splitting, as well as every other act on a motorcycle needs to be done responsibly. And there will always be dumbasses who get in over their head and get in trouble. But we shouldn't let a few jackasses ruin it for the rest of us, who are sitting in the August sun, in our gear, waiting for traffic to move.

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**
03-13-2013, 01:31 PM

THIS!

but im all for it. Doesnt mean I will do it but after some time has passed and drivers become a bit more aware I might.

- J

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
03-13-2013, 04:38 PM
Great informational post JZon.

I successfully recorded my opinion. FOR

I might be to old to cut the mustard, but I can still lick the jar.
03-13-2013, 06:08 PM
(03-13-2013 12:19 PM)jZon Wrote:  Make lane-splitting legal in Nevada!!! show your support for this new bill
1) follow the link below
2) Select Bill in the pull-down: AB236 (Assembly Bill 236)
3) select Your View: FOR
4) enter Constituent Information (name, address, city, zipcode) press Submit!!!
Share your Opinion
http://www.leg.state.nv.us

anyone else want this?

nice cut-and-paste job! thanks for sharing! bwahahaha!

and I am FOR
03-14-2013, 10:03 AM
Recorded my opinion, FOR.

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious