Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Iron Butt Ride 2017
06-04-2017, 10:17 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2017 11:30 AM by No Neck.)
Iron Butt Ride 2017
Tom
Jamie
Tapper
Shawn/Sean (etchasketch)
Me
It all started with an idea. Iron Butt ride. With much debate on attending. Dayyum I am glad I did.
We met up at 4am to beat the desert heat. The most amazing thing happened this morning. We actually left ontime! And just like that our journey begins. We leave the darkness of vegas in our mirros and head up the 15 chasing the inevidable fireball rising in the east. Pursuing the mountains in an effort to keep the sun from rising and scorching us. Or maybe we were hopeless romantics prolonging the pretty sunrise? Running through the dessert has its mood swings in temperatures hot 1 minute and chilly the next. Being a rule set ride by the saddle sore association. We behave on our extreme sport bikes
And Tapper on his damn lazyboy. And proof below shows we in fact are behaving at a mild 72 mph. Ignore the cell phone use while riding. That shit is dangerous! And we do not endorse that kind of action in anyway shape or wait first a selfie!
First stop is St. George Utah. Pffff we got this. It ain't so bad. Fuel, hydrate and go. Back on the I15.
Easy going and timely. We make it to Beaver Utah for stop 2. The busiest gas station ever! We were like cockroaches in the light looking for an open pump! Hydrate and snack. Man we got this! On the road to Neephi. And we have or first issues.... this fat kid hasn't had a real meal yet. Trying to be as ready as possible. Keeping it light with granola and fluids! How are there any bugs left in Utah? Every stop was a struggle to clean visors. And Tapper has a huge screen on his lazyboy he has to clean. In and out of Neephi.
Now our first major encounter with traffic. We may or may not have filtered some traffic in Salt Lake City do to a freeway crash! That cost us valuable time. But hey we got all day right? Into Kaysville Utah. More fluids and a snack. Tapper needs caffeine cause he is to comfortable and I want to know when are we eating damnit! Oh by the way fist mechanical issue. Just a rear brake lever. Zip ties a pic and let's roll! It's starting to get warm out. And wouldn't ya know it were headed back north on the I15! But now we going to Idaho. A hop and a skip and we are halfway in Malad Idaho. And by golly that Burger King was one of the best whoppers I have had in a longtime! Time to rewind the tape and go home! 515 miles in the book!
Mosying back to Kaysville Utah. We got good spirits and jokes. The closer to home we get the cheaper the rescue vehicle will be! Now the struggles begin and Tom's minor temper! We're returning through the same gas stations. And now all of our cards are not working at the gas stations. Because we can only use them there once a day. Some of us whip out a different card. But not Tom. Tom has to go side. Then he back out to fuel. Then to a differnt pump. Then they mixed it all up with Tom and Tapper and pump and receipt and change. Oh boy now Tom is stomping around getting loud. But a little earlobe tickle and he is under control. Now i don't want to say anything about Mr. Navigator Tapper but he decided to test our mpg's. He tried radioing us about our fuel stop and Tom was talking about farts in the wind. And yep, we blow by our exit. Next town 30+ miles and the only turn about I saw. Had a state patrol sitting in it. So fuel conserve mode to Scipio Utah. We made it with no issues. Fuel, bustin balls and go! Now were burning onto a sunset. Now we are starting to feel the discomforts a little. Tapper has one complaint. His cruise control doesn't go as high as were allowed. The rest of us are getting a lil restless and achy. Back into Beaver Utah for a fuel stop and more hydration. The weather is starting to cooperate again. Until we hit Saint George utah for the final stop. It was like a wall of hot air. BAM! Wrapping it up in the darkness of the half moon. Let's burn through the George. High beams on and LEDs glowing. Tapper drops back cause HIDs blind him. Etchasketch is smart and keeps it to the track. Tom is getting old and Jamie and I are young and dumb. It's only getting warmer the closer to the lights of vegas we get. The best gas stop of the day was at our start/stop point. Now we can relax and enjoy the accomplishment. 1030 miles documented boys and girls. Shit, now we have 20 plus miles to go just to get home! Everyone checked In home and safe. Shower and sleep!
If your reading this, then you missed out.
An I already have my Parts ordered. Guess what Tom and I are doing next weekend.... I hope
See you guys around the next curve!

[Image: FB_IMG_1496591497547_zpstd38dlbq.jpg]
All smiles and excitement. And the amazing thing is, we left ontime![Image: FB_IMG_1496591428657_zpsjuuaskrz.jpg][Image: FB_IMG_1496591380264_zpsf3webcf7.jpg][Image: 20170603_052358_zpsg7jkafbo.jpg][Image: 20170603_085127_zpshwu3a9nr.jpg][Image: 20170603_110326_zps8gvjziwp.jpg][Image: 20170603_162918_zpsbrrlnm4u.jpg][Image: Snapchat-1211941851_zpsly4gmbgb.jpg][Image: IMG_20170603_235930_593_zpsgwesodec.jpg][Image: FB_IMG_1496591400759_zpssintsen9.jpg][Image: FB_IMG_1496591361640_zpstmnow72r.jpg][Image: 20170603_234415_zps7cb2jfvj.jpg]

You only get back what you put in!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2017, 10:35 AM
RE: Iron Butt Ride 2017
Nice review mister no neck. Thanks for tbe post

I don't need anger management, you need to shut the fuck up
I may have to grow up ,But I can be immature for life
06-04-2017, 11:44 AM
[Image: FB_IMG_1496528946449_zpsaebsqgum.jpg][Image: FB_IMG_1496541859089_zpsbvwznjcm.jpg]

06-04-2017, 03:42 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2017 09:35 AM by EtchaSketch.)
I Had a great time riding with everyone and I would not have been able to do it without ya so thanks for the opportunity to make my ass sore!!!

I believe we were inefficient motorized bug swatters as we barreled down the highway [Image: 1.jpg]

Some other pics though I lost the desire to take any more after Salt Lake City
[Image: 3.jpg][Image: 2.jpg]
[Image: 5.jpg][Image: 6.jpg][Image: 4.jpg]
06-04-2017, 03:45 PM
As mentions at the end of the ride I had a bath and fresh strawberries waiting for me when I got home... A few of you offered to join me but nobody showed upDodgy

[Image: 8.jpg][Image: 9.jpg]
06-04-2017, 06:06 PM
[Image: FB_IMG_1496515865730_zpsyd6burkc.jpg]

06-04-2017, 06:09 PM
Etchasketch that is awesome !

You only get back what you put in!
06-04-2017, 07:23 PM
Great ride guys and pics.

THE BEST MEMORIES BEGIN WITH THE MOST INSANE IDEA'S!!!
06-05-2017, 04:26 PM
Nice write up and pics!

I might be to old to cut the mustard, but I can still lick the jar.
06-06-2017, 12:00 PM
Nice guys! When is the next one! =D

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious