Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Insurance?
05-11-2013, 03:59 AM
Insurance?
Sup guys?

Im in the process of transferring all my stuff/services from Denver to Las Vegas.

I am wondering how much you guys pay for the insurance on your motorcycles? What is the best company out there?

I have insurance with "foremost" and I think my down payment was like 200+ bucks and my month to month payments are $38.... Been trying to get quotes online but is a pain in the ass and sometimes they turn out very expensive!
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2013, 07:51 AM
RE: Insurance?
I did the online quotes for a lot of different companies before choosing, progressive turned out to be the best

2003 Yamaha R6
Motodynamic LED integrated turn signals
Gregg's Custom lisence plate bracket
Yoshimura RS-3
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-11-2013, 09:16 AM
Every insurance is diff for every person.

I would do some leg work..

Call Geico, progressive, state farm, farmers, AIS, allstate, country mutual, etc..

No one could beat the rates country mutual gave me. Till I hit 30. State farm then blew them out of the water as far as price's and options go.

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
05-11-2013, 09:20 AM
Look up a company called pacific specialty... I'll try to keep this short, basically my driving record is probably about as bad as you can get. All the big carriers and even some of the smaller ones were quoting me $1000+, a month!!! Granted it is a brand new bike and I am a 23 Y.O. single male living in Vegas with no kids a D.U.I. and just about every ticket you can think of on my record; double over, no license, no insurance etc... Anyways moral of the story is they got my premiums down to $300 a month ridiculous still, I know. But still a whole lot better than $12,000+ a year! Don't think they have an online quote system. But you can give them a call look up "The McGraw Group: Pacific Specialty Insurance Company." Hope this helps see ya on the streets!!!

Not everybody DOESN'T do those things either!
05-11-2013, 11:46 AM
35 is the age where insurance gives deductions for motorcycles, that's another good time to shop around again. Most insurance companies have a free online quote as well, some of them even allow you to adjust the options you want, it's worth an hour or two to shop around

2003 Yamaha R6
Motodynamic LED integrated turn signals
Gregg's Custom lisence plate bracket
Yoshimura RS-3
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-12-2013, 08:01 AM
Insurance depends on many different factors but I will tell you this, State Farm is the only insurance company I have found that does not rate you based on the specific type of motorcycle, ie sportbike, cruiser, dual sport.. They simply go off the CC's. This especially comes in handy when you are quoting sportbikes as they tend to be higher on rates in most cases. State Farm has been the only insurance I have found that has decent rates on my Hayabusa and I've called them all. Also keep in mind that Las Vegas has some of the highest insurance rates in America. It used to be the 3rd highest but I'm not sure how Las Vegas fairs now, I do however know it is the most expensive that I have seen compared to other places I've researched. Just my .02, but I am a licensed insurance agent in Vegas so I do have some experience in the matter. And NO I did not work for State Farm although my motorcycle has always been insured through them.

On top of the 2013 FJR1300AD©, or FIONA as I call her.
05-14-2013, 01:49 PM
I agree with Howie, State Farm is the business. I've got ALL my shit with State Farm and on the couple of times that I've really needed them, then came through like a champ. They even covered me when I was taken out at the track back in September. Like Howie said, they cover bikes based on the engine size, not the type of bike. That's a good thing and a bad thing. The bad part is that you can get hosed on your premium as well. Example. My Honda RC51 is insured the same as my GSXR-1000. Even though it's nowhere near as fast, isn't stolen as often, not used for stunting, and has WAY less horsepower, the fact that it's still a 1000cc bike is what bites me in the ass. I have learned over the years that insurance companies are pretty stupid when it comes to bikes, and they refuse to read between the lines to distinguish one from the other and price the coverage based on that info. They all seem to just want to do some sort of blanket type coverage and pricing. Sportbikes under 750cc, sportbikes over 750cc, etc. But, like I said, I like State Farm a lot,

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious