Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
How To Post A Ride!!! Please Read!!!
07-11-2012, 03:21 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2012 03:34 PM by vegaseric.)
Information How To Post A Ride!!! Please Read!!!
After reviewing the posts in this section, I see a definite need to establish some basic guidelines for posting rides. Please heed these rules and follow this format when you post a ride.

POST THE DATE AND DESTINATION OF YOUR RIDE IN THE THREAD TITLE!!! (e.g. "[1/1/2009] Valley of Fire")

It is aggravating as all hell to see a post for a ride, open the post, only to find out that the ride happened last week. Save site members some time and post the date in the thread title. And unless you're posting a Poker Run or other "themed" ride, the destination is the main focus of the ride... it needs to be in the title.

Along with the date, meetup location, meetup time, and kickstands up time PUT A MAP OF THE MEETUP SPOT IN THE BODY OF YOUR POST!

If you don't know how to post a map in your post, PM me and I'll put one in for you. Or better yet, I'll show you how to do it.

If this is a longer ride, include the ride distance (a map would be nice, but not necessary) and identify any planned stops.

Any flyers, pictures, etc... that are relevant to the ride, put them in the post. Again PM me if you need help with this task.

Bottom line, the difference between a good ride post and a great ride post is all in the details. If there are costs/fees involved... put them in your post. If you intend this to be a fast/medium/slow paced ride, include that information as well. Try to give your potential ride attendees plenty of information... this makes everyone more comfortable, especially peeps who are new riders or who haven't ridden on a ride posted on SCS.

Here is an example of an excellent ride post:
[1-18-2009] Beatty(Lunch), Rhyolite(Ghost Town)

Thanks for reading this far and good luck on your next group ride! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious