RE: Helemt law
Looks like dirt to me

I don't need anger management, you need to shut the fuck up
I may have to grow up ,But I can be immature for life
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-30-2012, 12:40 PM
Take a stab at turning this into a discussion, but I'm against helmet laws... seatbelt laws too. And that insurance coverage minimum doesn't apply to Montana (where I'm from), where they DON'T have a helmet law and DON'T require motorcyclists to have any insurance AND you can get permanent registration for about 2 sawbucks on nearly any motorcycle. I think MT has it right, if you wanna roll the dice with your life and bank account go right ahead. Darwinism. Same goes with seatbelt laws, they make it seem like if you get into a wreck and you don't have a seatbelt on you'll fly through your windshield like a fucking heat seeking missile into a packed daycare or some shit, when in reality you make it about halfway through the glass and end up shitting your pants. I personally wouldn't ride without a helmet and I always wear my seatbelt.
12-02-2012, 03:51 PM
I disagree woth you on the Insurance laws. They are there to protect the innocent and lives affected by the dumbasses that choose to do something stupid. Is it fair for a drunk driver to kill someone, then not have any money to cover the other families expenses? Jail time or not, I don't think Its fair at all. So as for Insurance, I feel it's neccesary. But the helmet law, if someone wants to ride without one, that's on them. I am in agreement with ya on that. Many people here preach the gear, as well as I, but even with a helmet law people still do stupid shit on bikes and will continue to do so with and without a helmet.

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
12-02-2012, 11:39 PM
I'm a fan of Darwin's Right-of-Way...

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**
12-03-2012, 01:11 PM
(11-30-2012 12:40 PM)ridethebigone Wrote:  Take a stab at turning this into a discussion, but I'm against helmet laws... seatbelt laws too. And that insurance coverage minimum doesn't apply to Montana (where I'm from), where they DON'T have a helmet law and DON'T require motorcyclists to have any insurance AND you can get permanent registration for about 2 sawbucks on nearly any motorcycle. I think MT has it right, if you wanna roll the dice with your life and bank account go right ahead. Darwinism. Same goes with seatbelt laws, they make it seem like if you get into a wreck and you don't have a seatbelt on you'll fly through your windshield like a fucking heat seeking missile into a packed daycare or some shit, when in reality you make it about halfway through the glass and end up shitting your pants. I personally wouldn't ride without a helmet and I always wear my seatbelt.

Montana also has the fewest people, 6.858 inhabitants per square mile... coincidence? (3rd to Wyoming and Alaska)

But I am also a fan of Darwinism and Survival of the Fittest...
12-03-2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:Is it fair for a drunk driver to kill someone, then not have any money to cover the other families expenses? Jail time or not, I don't think Its fair at all.

I'd say majority of the time if some asshole is breaking one law, they're probably breaking multiple, point being they usually don't have insurance. That's why there's always that add on for uninsured/under insured drivers, which is a safe bet.
12-03-2012, 02:45 PM
(12-03-2012 02:19 PM)ridethebigone Wrote:  [quote] That's why there's always that add on for uninsured/under insured drivers, which is a safe bet.

Forgot that option.

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
12-14-2012, 09:58 PM
YOU CAN'T REGROW A NEW BRAIN!
12-15-2012, 12:07 AM
(12-14-2012 09:58 PM)VEGASRIDER Wrote:  YOU CAN'T REGROW A NEW BRAIN!

Scientists grow brain in lab.

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious