Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Headlight Conversion Kit
12-26-2013, 03:07 AM
Headlight Conversion Kit
Does anyone know where I can buy a head light kit for my bike to where both headlights turn on instead of one?

I hate having one light as low beam and the other as high beam. plus its getting old having people tell me i have one headlight out.

any help would be apprecaited. thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-26-2013, 04:09 AM
RE: Headlight Conversion Kit
(12-26-2013 03:07 AM)Chadi Wrote:  Does anyone know where I can buy a head light kit for my bike to where both headlights turn on instead of one?

I hate having one light as low beam and the other as high beam. plus its getting old having people tell me i have one headlight out.

any help would be apprecaited. thanks.

deal with it. Its not really worth the costs or hassles as you have to replace either the housing or retrofit a projector set by taking apart the housings... pain in the ass.

I too have the dreaded single/dual problem on my RC and get sick of the "your head light is out"

My solution: click on your high beam and be done with it. just leave it on. I actually havent had any issues, day or night, and I have HID bulbs.

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
12-26-2013, 07:54 AM
Like Justin said, turn your high beam on. You are supposed to be running your high beam during the day anyway! One of the many tips from American Motorcyclist of staying visible in the day time. This goes for everyone else on here! Run your high beams in the day, it's the law, the law of staying alive! Especially in this town of blind people.

28 YEAR AMA CHARTER LIFE MEMBER! I ride the BUSA and THE GOLDWING 1800. Sold the Gsxr1000 for the 2002 KLR650
12-26-2013, 09:39 AM
"Run your high beams in the day, it's the law, the law of staying alive! Especially in this town of blind people. " hehe

Maybe he wants two high beams Tongue

It's not that hard and not sure why he would need to retrofit a projector to do it. They sold a small wiring kit for my old FZ6. I guarantee if you google your make/model with dual headlight mod you will find something.
12-26-2013, 10:08 AM (This post was last modified: 12-26-2013 10:10 AM by Rev. That Guy.)
no, it isnt hard to just slap a new dual filament bulb in, add a wire here and there and make it work, BUT on most bikes designed with one high and one low, the actual reflector and/or lens is completely different for a high beam thus you can't just wire it in or it would be essentially the same as flipping on your high beam anyway. The bulbs are generally the same for low and high, usually either H4 or H7 bulbs. If you want to pay me to flip your high beam on for you, Im happy to take your money though. LOL.

- Justin

- Ken "No Neck"

12-26-2013, 11:54 AM
I would suggest you leave it alone.

---
Charlie don't surf!
The Cake is a Lie!
You're gonna love my nuts!
I haven't seen Yayo...
09 Husqvarna 510 - "Bouncing Betty"
07 ZX-6R - "Crack"
07 Mean Streak Special Edition - "Blow"

[Image: 1hPfLRu]
12-26-2013, 03:21 PM
(12-26-2013 11:54 AM)got2go Wrote:  I would suggest you leave it alone.

This!

- J

- Ken "No Neck"

12-26-2013, 05:22 PM (This post was last modified: 12-26-2013 05:23 PM by doz.)
Not cheap, but an option. You could also do this yourself but its definitely a project to retrofit projectors. To the point where Id suggest buying a spare headlight assembly and just work on it when you can. But unless you want the experience, it would probably be just as cost effective to purchase it and have it warrantied.

http://eshop.ktautopart.com/ducati-super...-2012.html

They replace each headlamp with a hi/low projector. So youd have 2 low and 2 high beams.

I cant believe Ducati gives you a single functional headlight. Seems cheap for a higher end brand.
12-26-2013, 05:41 PM
(12-26-2013 05:22 PM)doz Wrote:  I cant believe Ducati gives you a single functional headlight. Seems cheap for a higher end brand.

There are a few reasons for this... most higher end (performance oriented) bikes do this. 1) it is less weight. Negligible I know, but none the less, grams here and there add up, 2) less draw on the electrical system and thus less stress on the regulator, battery and stator. These components can be made lighter by limiting their outputs, 3) less points of failure although im not sure this is much now considering how much electronics modern bikes have, 4) the single headlight is generally sufficient, or at least minimally adequate... the list goes on an on but there are plenty of legit reasons.

- Justin

- Ken "No Neck"

12-27-2013, 09:28 AM
Our Yamis run both headlights Yahoo ...winning..lol