Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Goldwing vs. Harley Davidson Electra Glide Ultra ClassicFXBTQTRZY
09-12-2015, 02:08 PM
Goldwing vs. Harley Davidson Electra Glide Ultra ClassicFXBTQTRZY
Well,As some of you know, I rented a Harley on the island of Maui. Had to check out those awesome roads along the shorelines! I kept an open mind about the machine but after a few hours of twisty roads I have come to the conclusion that this bike did not fair well and it definitely doesn't even compare to my 13 year old Goldwing. Yes I've had my Goldwing in some tight curves so I can compare them. Smoothness, power, handling,quietness,definitely Goldwing. Harley, none of the above. Sorry Harley but not worth $25.000. It didn't even track straight in a straight line when you take your hands off the bars. Can't wait till I get back on my Goldwing! 2 cents. Done.

28 YEAR AMA CHARTER LIFE MEMBER! I ride the BUSA and THE GOLDWING 1800. Sold the Gsxr1000 for the 2002 KLR650
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2015, 02:14 PM
RE: Goldwing vs. Harley Davidson Electra Glide Ultra ClassicFXBTQTRZY
Tell us something we dont know! lol <33 glad you had fun out there!!!

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
09-12-2015, 04:51 PM
Poor Doug...

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**
09-12-2015, 05:23 PM
I don't mean to offend any Harley owners out there (my Dad is one of them), but for the life of me, I can't understand why Harley's cost as much as they do when they don't offer as much as the Japanese and European bikes do which cost so much less than a comparable Harley. I wouldn't buy a Harley if I was given to money to do so, but to each his own.
09-12-2015, 08:46 PM
Change the rake,alternate the pistons,throw in a big counterbalancer,and liquid cool it and reduce the price by 10.000. That should get it.

28 YEAR AMA CHARTER LIFE MEMBER! I ride the BUSA and THE GOLDWING 1800. Sold the Gsxr1000 for the 2002 KLR650
09-12-2015, 11:03 PM
(09-12-2015 08:46 PM)the falcon Wrote:  Change the rake,alternate the pistons,throw in a big counterbalancer,and liquid cool it and reduce the price by 10.000. That should get it.

Do an engine swap for a Honda... and a frame swap.... and... you get the idea

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**
09-13-2015, 06:34 AM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2015 06:35 AM by Rev. That Guy.)
Harley Davidson is NOT a motorcycle company... Plain and simple.

HD sells an image/lifestyle. Motorcycles are little more than an accessory to that lifestyle. It has been that way since AMF dropped Harley. There is a reason that 2/3 of a Harley dealer is clothing and swag. Of that last 1/3, half of that is gear and half is bikes.

They make over-priced sub-par motorcycles as an accessory and because of that, people have no problem buying the name instead of a quality motorcycle.

Just my thoughts, but most Harley guys will even admit that you buy a Harley "because it's a Harley" and have no actual, practical reason.

- J

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
09-13-2015, 12:21 PM
Justin, you thought the Goldwing gears were clunky, OMG Harley must use wrenches for shifting forks.

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious