Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Free 6,12,or 24 pack for help
06-22-2015, 09:53 AM
Free 6,12,or 24 pack for help
I just received my new dog bones to lower my bike to be able to be flat footed at a stop. If anyone has the know how to help and has the tools needed to get the job done, I'm willing to buy a 6-24 pack of beer of your choice if you can help me drop my Gsxr a bit. If your able to drop the front to match as well!,.... Would definitely hook you up with a 24. I normally do all my bike work myself.. Saves money... But with the physics of how a bike rides... I'd like to have someone help who knows what's going on.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-23-2015, 08:30 PM
RE: Free 6,12,or 24 pack for help
its easy. I wont have time to help you until next monday (out of town then work) but if you still need it done then, im happy to assist. about 40 minutes of work. Its actually harder to drop the front (slip the forks up in the triples) than it is to do dog bones on the rear (very easy comparatively).

Either way Im happy to lend a hand or some guidance if I can. Ask around. I know my shit.

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
06-24-2015, 03:25 AM
Sounds good. I don't work on Monday so that would work out great. Thanks!
06-24-2015, 09:11 AM
that guy is a that guy for you!

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
06-24-2015, 12:54 PM
He knows a little bit

I don't need anger management, you need to shut the fuck up
I may have to grow up ,But I can be immature for life
06-24-2015, 07:34 PM
If I were to drop the back an inch, and left the front as is,... Would I really even notice a difference in handling ?
06-24-2015, 08:53 PM
Hell yes if you drop the back 25mm = 1 inch, and want to keep factory ride then drop the front equally. Also rider weight has a lot to do with suspension set up as well. For the track we would raise the rear 5mm and lower the front forks 5 mm. It helps cornering the bike faster. Any change to stock ride height or even suspension settings can change how the bike handles! Have Justin help you and you should be good to go!

Also I was thinking of having a tech days at my house in the next few weeks. Should have done it before this heat wave but had lots going on. Peeps need help keeping their bikes in tip top shape and some of us been around them long enough To lend a hand and knowledge . Keep a eye out for a tech days post in the next few weeks! I also will help anyone anytime if they need to wrench on their bikes just hit me up phone # is in my profile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-25-2015, 02:26 AM
Right on. Thanks for the input. I will be watching for the post.
06-25-2015, 06:04 AM
(06-24-2015 08:53 PM)BigNasty Wrote:  Hell yes if you drop the back 25mm = 1 inch, and want to keep factory ride then drop the front equally. Also rider weight has a lot to do with suspension set up as well. For the track we would raise the rear 5mm and lower the front forks 5 mm. It helps cornering the bike faster. Any change to stock ride height or even suspension settings can change how the bike handles! Have Justin help you and you should be good to go!

Also I was thinking of having a tech days at my house in the next few weeks. Should have done it before this heat wave but had lots going on. Peeps need help keeping their bikes in tip top shape and some of us been around them long enough To lend a hand and knowledge . Keep a eye out for a tech days post in the next few weeks! I also will help anyone anytime if they need to wrench on their bikes just hit me up phone # is in my profile

On this note, lowering the bike using links and raising the forks will still slightly modify the bikes handling as you are essentially changing the geometry of the suspension, most notably the wheelbase. On my RC51, for example, I have the rear shimmed 10mm UP and the front dropped 5mm from stock. Thats pretty aggressive really. I like this setup on the street and track guys love it too. This shortens the wheelbase and slightly modifies the rake and trail on the front (something around 1 degree less rake and 3-4mm less trail.) This in turn makes the bike less stable in straight line but more nimble in the corners - it just more "flickable."

For the average rider, you may or may not notice it on the street. I also don't really suggest it anyway as there would be no real benefit for street use unless you just prefer the handling.

Lowering it may also be detrimental to the cornering as you will be reducing your clearances for leans, but again, for the average street rider this is a moot point anyway as - ahem - no one *should* be riding that hard on the street. Just putting that out there. LOL.

Also, we will need to look at the kickstand situation. Sometimes you can get away with dropping the bike a little without modifying the kickstand, but more than an inch or so and you will need to cut the kickstand down. I suggest buying an extra kickstand if you are going to do this so that you can return it to stock if you don't like it or choose to sell it down the road. If you don't want to modify the kickstand, you can drop the rear and then just see what it will allow for the front. May not get an equal drop but you wont really notice much difference anyway.

I like the idea of a tech night somewhere. I would host here but I just dont have the room. With 5 of my own bikes as well as the rest of my vices that take up garage space and usually 1-3 other bikes in my garage for maintenance I just dont have the means.

If you can make the tech nights on a sunday, monday or teusday night, I'll be there to lend a hand and answer questions and what not.

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
06-27-2015, 03:26 AM
Totally forgot about the kickstand situation, worse comes to worse, I'll just hack a little off of it I suppose. Will find out Monday I hope ha.

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious