Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Fairing Help ?
12-30-2014, 02:35 AM
Fairing Help ?
Hey guys,
Wondering if anyone knows someone that can help install fairings on my CBR ? Even if it costs $$ or lunch, I'd be grateful still haha. They're OEM but I can't get it to fit properly with the nose fairing and side pieces. I have to be doing something wrong. Lol

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2014, 03:50 AM
RE: Fairing Help ?
what part of town are you in?

The CBR is a tricky one due to the very fragile slip hooks that connect the upper and lowers that don't really line up until its all in place so you have to bend and flex the fairings to lock them in while at the same time do kind of a swing motion with the bottom of the lowers. right side is easy compared to the left due to the kickstand being in the way of the fairing. You have to slip the fairing under the kick stand first, then go to the top and flex everything out to get the hooks together, then back to the bottom to button it up.

Also aligning the inner fairing under the headlight is a pain as well with those stupid plastic rivets that everyone uses now.

I may be able to help but I work graveyard shift so timing can be difficult.

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
Find all posts by this user
12-30-2014, 03:52 AM
also the factory procedure on the rear is terrifying as it tells you to flex open the fairing to clear the under tail assembly. Every time I do it it feels like its gonna break and the last thing I want to do is buy someone a $300 tail fairing because it broke so I try and avoid removing tails on CBRs.

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
12-30-2014, 06:30 AM
OK, that all explains why I've been having a hard time, lol... I got the tailpiece on fine though. Don't think I'm gonna be able to do the rest. Haha.

What would I owe ya for the help? I'm in Henderson off 215 on Gibson. I'm not working right now so I can work around your schedule.
01-17-2015, 02:31 PM
Did you try watching youtube. That always helps me with projects.

[Image: DLKYiI.jpg]
Ride Hard....But SAFE!!.. Geek
01-17-2015, 03:25 PM
What kind of issues were you getting? The nose fairing is fairly simple (just the mirror and windscreen bolts), the side fairings can be a bit tricky. Before installing the side fairings install the nose fairing first..

Then on the side fairings,first hook up the 2 tabs that connect to the tank fairing (at an angle), then once hooked in I swing the whole side fairing down and attach the rest.

This video helped me a lot when I first did the fairing on mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyMmpi39V0w

The section I am referring to is around 17 minutes in.

Buy my stuff lol Shoei RF1100 faceshields for sale (should fit x12s too)

Bilt and teknic mesh jacket (small)

http://scsportbikes.org/Thread-Harbor-Fr...ess-12-ton

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious