Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Exup Pinning!
06-01-2013, 11:29 AM
Exup Pinning!
Who here pins their exup valve open, and did you tune it at all afterwards?
I'm looking to do so on my bike, because the Exup is a common problem with Daytonas. Just fishing for opinions and experiences.

Think for yourself, question authority.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2013, 02:03 PM
RE: Exup Pinning!
There are tons of posts about the valve on triumph.net forum.... My street bike (daytona675)has the valve still in it but its pretty much useless and throws a cell, my track 675 has it removed but I bough it that way. From what I have read you will loose some low end grunt but once you get into the powerband you won't notice a thing.
06-01-2013, 09:10 PM
(06-01-2013 02:03 PM)EtchaSketch Wrote:  There are tons of posts about the valve on triumph.net forum.... My street bike (daytona675)has the valve still in it but its pretty much useless and throws a cell, my track 675 has it removed but I bough it that way. From what I have read you will loose some low end grunt but once you get into the powerband you won't notice a thing.

I know, I've read most of the posts on t675.net. They helped a bunch. I was wondering who in Did it, with any bike.
I just finished removing the guide wires and letting it sit at open. So far I haven't noticed a power change, in fact below 7 almost feels more powerful, if a little rougher. Tomorrow I'll be getting an OBD2 so I can tune it some.
With a tune it's supposed to give more power, from what I've read at least.

06-02-2013, 06:45 AM
I would definetly get it remapped and that should take care of any loss of power. Are you looking for more pull from the bike? You can also go two teeth up in the rear an one down on the front sprocket or just do the rear.. No need to go top speed on the street anyways and the added pull is a lot more noticeable. It tricks your butt dyno for sure. If my track bike was in working order I would let you ride it to feel the difference from a stock configuration but it needs a little TLC at the moment.

I have some sprockets if you would like to try them out but u will need a 520 chain
06-02-2013, 10:50 AM
Nah, not looking for more pull, I was just trying to fix the troublesome valve. The added power once tuned is just a bonus. I'd honestly like a taller 6th gear for better freeway cruising, but that's just me.

TuneECU is a good way to remap it, correct?
Also, if you have a +1 front sprocket I'd like to check it out.

06-02-2013, 12:21 PM
Yeah tuneecu is the way to go, sorry I don't have a taller front sprocket
06-03-2013, 10:26 AM
In that case I need a OBD2 to USB cable. >.<