Rate Thread
07-21-2014, 08:38 PM
Ducati
Hey guys, I did a few searches but came up empty.

Wondering if there are pros or cons to buying a bike out of state from a California dealer say "Bert's mega mall" vs going to Reno and staying in state?

Hidden out of state taxes or charges?

The 7.75% vs 9% sales tax on it's own wouldn't be enough to make me drive that much longer.

Thanks !

Riding hard since 1981 !
- Old Honda 110, Yamaha 100, Suzuki TS 110, Yamaha 400, Yamaha FZR Genesis, Honda CBR 600F2, Honda CBR 1000F, Honda CBR 900RR
- Current Kawasaki ZX10 R, Ducati M 1200 S Monster.
Life may begin at 30, but it doesn't get real interesting until about 150...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-21-2014, 10:23 PM
RE: Ducati
You'll end up paying NV tax even if you bought it in CA.
When you go to register it in NV DMV they will ask for bill of sale and charge you the tax difference.

Are vehicles, aircraft, and off highway vehicles purchased in another state subject to Nevada Sales Tax?

Yes, if they are purchased for use or storage in Nevada. In order to be registered in Nevada, proof that Sales Tax has been paid to Nevada or another state is required on all licensed vehicles (cars, trucks, motorcycles, trailers) aircraft and off highway vehicles. If proof cannot be provided, Use Tax must be paid to Nevada. Sales Tax legitimately paid to another state is applied as a credit towards Nevada Use Tax due. NAC 372.055, NRS 372.185

Link

---
Charlie don't surf!
The Cake is a Lie!
You're gonna love my nuts!
I haven't seen Yayo...
09 Husqvarna 510 - "Bouncing Betty"
07 ZX-6R - "Crack"
07 Mean Streak Special Edition - "Blow"

[Image: 1hPfLRu]
07-23-2014, 12:51 PM
Plus, you will have a California bike that has more emissions restrictions. I have read that some CA bikes will even have different tunes just so that they can meet emissions.

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
08-02-2014, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the info, rode the KTM Superduke 1290 R last week and ended up buying the Ducati M1200 S today, mostly looks they were both crazy fun rides. Prefer the seating angle and sound and look of the Monster. I have to say the KTM made me feel like my first time on a racing dirt bike, ridiculous pull like OMG .... Just keeps pulling lol.

I kept giggling in my helmet half scared half adrenaline.

Good stuff, seeya. Out there ,

Riding hard since 1981 !
- Old Honda 110, Yamaha 100, Suzuki TS 110, Yamaha 400, Yamaha FZR Genesis, Honda CBR 600F2, Honda CBR 1000F, Honda CBR 900RR
- Current Kawasaki ZX10 R, Ducati M 1200 S Monster.
Life may begin at 30, but it doesn't get real interesting until about 150...

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious