Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Ducati Diavel!
09-11-2013, 02:36 PM
RE: Ducati Diavel!
Get an MV if your gonna go Italian. The F4 is a bad ass bike. Or even an Aprilia RSV4.

I would highly advise against a cruiser. Your gonna be hating yourself after a month and wishing you had your gixxer back.

J/K. Actually the Diavel is a nice looking bike, A little chunky for my taste by nice none the less. One of the magazines, I think Cycle World or Motorcyclist, just did a comparo with the Diavel and the Moto Guzzi. Might want to check it out.

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2013, 03:39 PM
(09-11-2013 02:36 PM)JetMech Wrote:  Get an MV if your gonna go Italian. The F4 is a bad ass bike. Or even an Aprilia RSV4.

I would highly advise against a cruiser. Your gonna be hating yourself after a month and wishing you had your gixxer back.

J/K. Actually the Diavel is a nice looking bike, A little chunky for my taste by nice none the less. One of the magazines, I think Cycle World or Motorcyclist, just did a comparo with the Diavel and the Moto Guzzi. Might want to check it out.

DONT DO IT!!!!! For the sake of your own sanity and bank account, DONT GET AN MV!!!! I have lots of first hand experience with that.

Rolando, why do you hate Rob so much to put an idea like that into his head?

And nothing wrong with cruisers.... get both! I love my cruiser, but its a muscle cruiser so thats probably why. Actually I LOVED my Victory Hammer S! It was more big fucking chopper meets sportbike though with Ohlins suspension and Brembo 6-pots on both ends and sport rubber.

Wait, where did the cruiser thing come from?

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
09-11-2013, 03:40 PM
(09-11-2013 02:36 PM)JetMech Wrote:  I would highly advise against a cruiser. Your gonna be hating yourself after a month and wishing you had your gixxer back.

Oh how cute, you think the diavel is a cruiser.... I get it now.

- J

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
09-11-2013, 05:45 PM
If its not a sportbike, then it's a cruiser. Muscle cruisers fall into that category as well. I just consider those bad ass cruisers. I almost bought a victory vegas myself. They are nice.

The MV is a sexy machine. Sometimes to have the hot and sexy, you must put up with the high maintenance costs. Oh wait, we are still talking about bikes right???

09-11-2013, 06:45 PM
It's pretty comfortable. I sat on one when I was at the Ducati dealership while I was looking at the Multistradas. Personally, I orginally thought it was pretty ugly, but they have the Strada version, which is the touring mode for the Ducati's, add the saddle bags, etc. it looks decent and has grown on me. Muscle cruiser, good term.
09-11-2013, 07:52 PM
Justin,
This was the bike I was trying to explain to you and you called it the Ducati Monster.

I personally dig it. I know of 3 guys in town with it and they are bad a$$.
09-11-2013, 08:18 PM
The Diavel is not ugly lol , its a sweet bike and it has tons of power! Plus it handles like a champ. Nothing's set in stone yet still weighing my options. I do appreciate the advise and comments . @ " That Guy" dick! Lol. I've been doing a lot of long rides, 200 + miles a weekend and I want something comfortable, but I dont want to give up the grip it an rip it feeling lol.

WERA # 215
CVMA #215
SCS Facebook
09-12-2013, 07:52 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2013 07:56 AM by ridethebigone.)
It's not ugly, case in point:

[Image: ezkisg.jpg]

But, if you want a cruiser get a Suzuki M109R. Get the Jap reliability and smooth power, and there's plenty of it with one of those. Ramos had an M109R, and he told me if he were to get another bike it would be one of those without a doubt.

Quote:I've been doing a lot of long rides, 200 + miles a weekend and I want something comfortable, but I dont want to give up the grip it an rip it feeling lol.

Another option: My friend went from a CBR to a Speed Triple because he commutes and he told me it's a night and day difference in comfort but still has the power and handling that he was used to, and he still has the option to track it.
09-12-2013, 08:07 AM
That's one bad bitchin bike!!!

09-12-2013, 08:18 AM
That bike looks like a harley raped a bmw and gave it the hiv.

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure that it is worth watching

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious