Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Can-Am Demo Ride
05-30-2015, 04:51 PM (This post was last modified: 05-30-2015 04:52 PM by FrstbteAlchmst.)
Can-Am Demo Ride
I know they're not motorcycles and I know a lot of motorcyclists hate Can-Ams, but I just got done at a demo ride here in Lakewood and it was pretty awesome. They will be at Yamaha of Las Vegas on Wednesday June 3rd, and at Pro Shop Motorsports and Marine in Henderson on Thursday June 4th. Currently the one at Yamaha seems to be filled up but you are welcome to show up just in case there are cancellations. But the one in Henderson still has a couple time frames open, Tim and I are gonna be at the 14:45 - 15:30 time frame. You can reserve your spot and get more info here:

http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/events.html

Hope to see some of you there!!!

[Image: image_zpsbdfc42d3.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-30-2015, 09:36 PM
RE: Can-Am Demo Ride
I wasn't too thrilled at first, but at 63 years old, my Mom decided she no longer wanted to ride on the back of my Dad's Harley and wanted her own bike, so they got her a Can-Am Spyder RTS. Like I said, initially I wasn't on board because she's got some health issues so I worried about her not being able to properly control the machine, but once I started reading up on it, the more comfortable I got with the idea, and if she's gonna be on something, the Can-Am was the safest thing for her to throw a leg over. Once I rode it, I wanted one myself. All but one of my homies make fun of me for liking it, but it just seems like it would be a great bike to do some long rides on. Sure, it's more car like than bike like, but it's got more storage space than a Goldwing, and the Y shaped design provides so much stability that you wouldn't have to worry about any sort of slippery road or getting caught in the rain...just keep riding baby! Definitely not something to try to hustle thru Angeles Crest or anything, but it's super comfortable, got plenty of power and won't leave you drained of energy from fighting the bike on a windy day or white knuckling the grips from getting caught in the rain. It really is a cool machine because it is so different
06-01-2015, 04:55 AM
Riding the can-am is a lot like masturbating..... its a lot of fun, but you never really want to admit that you do it.

Was talking to a guy that had one that was all kinds of crazy hopped up that was pretty cool. I have driven them in the past and they are aight. not really my thing but when the time comes that I can hold a 2-wheel bike up any more, it will be either a side-car or a can-am... trikes just dont do it for me.

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
06-01-2015, 07:26 AM
(06-01-2015 04:55 AM)That Guy Wrote:  Riding the can-am is a lot like masturbating..... its a lot of fun, but you never really want to admit that you do it.

Was talking to a guy that had one that was all kinds of crazy hopped up that was pretty cool. I have driven them in the past and they are aight. not really my thing but when the time comes that I can hold a 2-wheel bike up any more, it will be either a side-car or a can-am... trikes just dont do it for me.

- Justin

I couldn't agree more. I'm not looking to rush out and get a Can-Am, but when the time comes that two wheels are just too much for me, that will probably be my go to option. The typical trike, and the side car thing just don't light my fire either and having ridden the Can-Am, I think I could live with it. I'd definitely like to try one out on a long road trip, just to see what it's like in that environment.
06-01-2015, 11:52 AM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2015 11:53 AM by The Doctor.)
I, on the other hand completely disagree. I masturbate all the time. Hell, I did it twice last time I was in That Guy's garage!

Side note: Those carbs you had sitting on the work bench? Might wanna clean those out one more time....

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**
06-01-2015, 01:45 PM
uh oh, clean up...aisle 5 Love-smiley-086

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)