Rate Thread
01-23-2013, 02:49 PM
Body shop
Well my bro dropped his 2010 Yamaha Raider and dented his tank. doesnt look bad no paint damage no scraches just a dent. Was wondering if you guys know any good and cheap chops to fix that problem. Thx
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2013, 02:57 PM
RE: Body shop
my personal exp has showed me that most auto body places wont touch anything motorcycle... and most motorcycle places will tell you to just get a new tank. Depends on the dent though you would be better finding a mom & pop shop that does a bit of everything.

Post a pic and I may be able to help you if you cant find a shop to do it. sometimes you can get inside with a tool and push it out that way but really depends on the dent. I have painted and repaired a few motorcycles and most tank problems generally required putty and paint to fix but some will come out OK (not good, usually just OK) by popping them out.

Good luck though and post up if you find any shops as that may useful info to the rest of us as some point.

- Jusitn

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
01-23-2013, 04:41 PM
[Image: 73e2op.jpg]
01-23-2013, 05:31 PM
that dont look too bad... maybe get a long tire iron or a pry bar, wrap the end of it in duct tape (so there are no hard corners) and go in with it through the filler hole and try and work the dent from the inside. Hard to tell exactly where the dent is in relation to the rest of the tank but doesnt seem to bad.

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
01-23-2013, 07:39 PM
Got a go pro? See if suction cupping will work

28 YEAR AMA CHARTER LIFE MEMBER! I ride the BUSA and THE GOLDWING 1800. Sold the Gsxr1000 for the 2002 KLR650
01-23-2013, 09:02 PM
i dont have any of the items to even attempt to fix it neither does my bro.

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious