Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Bike won't start
01-21-2015, 03:37 PM
Bike won't start
So heres the situation: bike won't start. After my little spill last year, I replaced the stator cover, filled it with oil and the bike won't start. I shook the tip over sensor and still no dice. I thought the starter may have been seized but it spins freely by hand. Just no juice is getting down to starter. My battery shows 12.97 volts. The dashlights stay on while I hit the start button. No clicking of any sorts happens. Any Suzuki experts out there?

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-21-2015, 03:41 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2015 03:44 PM by ars0n.)
RE: Bike won't start
could be busted starter button what happens if you take apart the switch and tap the wires together?

Have you also put the bike in nuetral and check the clutch switch on the clutch lever?

And of course is the kill switch off or on?

Then there is the kick stand switch, try starting with kick stand up, and or tying wires together to bypass switch

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
01-21-2015, 03:45 PM
Haven't checked starter button but the headlight dims when I hit the starter button. And I even held in the N safety switch on clutch side. And yes it was in N.

01-21-2015, 04:01 PM
did the ground come off your starter?

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
01-21-2015, 04:02 PM
(01-21-2015 04:01 PM)ars0n Wrote:  did the ground come off your starter?

Negative. No pun intended

01-21-2015, 04:05 PM
I will check the starter fuses a little later.

01-21-2015, 04:21 PM
You say that the dash lights come on. Have you tried checking for codes?

Also, does the fuel pump prime? If the fuel pump does not prime, Id look towards a safety switch (kickstand, neutral/clutch switch, on/off switch).
01-21-2015, 04:49 PM
Did you try cursing at it? It usually works for me

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**
01-21-2015, 06:43 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2015 06:44 PM by JetMech.)
Cursed like a sailor, no luck.

Good voltage to the starter relay. No voltage coming out. But not quite sure if I had a goo connection on the back of the plug. Will try again but I think I may have found the issue. Any Suzuki owners willing to lend me their relay for troubleshooting?

01-21-2015, 06:57 PM
So have my relay a small technical knock. And engune kicked over. Just not enough battery juice now.

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious