Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Bike Painter Wanted
02-14-2013, 02:23 PM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2013 02:24 PM by BusaRob.)
Bike Painter Wanted
I'm buying a +6" over tail for my Busa and I'm looking for an excellent painter that won't flake on me and can paint to match factory color.

Any recommendations?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2013, 02:33 PM
RE: Bike Painter Wanted
Are you looking to paint or powder coat

I don't need anger management, you need to shut the fuck up
I may have to grow up ,But I can be immature for life
02-14-2013, 02:56 PM
(02-14-2013 02:33 PM)tomy Wrote:  Are you looking to paint or powder coat

can only powdercoat metal smart guy...

I can shoot paint with the best of em but its been a few years and matching suzuki factory colors is a nightmare, even for a good paint mixer... they use very complex paints from the factory.

I will help if I can if you cant anyone that is a bit more current than I but spend some time and go to some paint supply places and see if they can match your paint. I had a 2001 TL-S that i needed to paint and they couldn't match it exact but was close. Perhaps they changed since then. Mine was red but the paint had multi-color flake in it that you couldnt notice unless you got real close including purple and blue and matching that was the hard part in color, size and density in the paint.

- J

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
02-14-2013, 05:17 PM
(02-14-2013 02:56 PM)MVBrutaleRider Wrote:  
(02-14-2013 02:33 PM)tomy Wrote:  Are you looking to paint or powder coat

can only powdercoat metal smart guy...

I can shoot paint with the best of em but its been a few years and matching suzuki factory colors is a nightmare, even for a good paint mixer... they use very complex paints from the factory.

I will help if I can if you cant anyone that is a bit more current than I but spend some time and go to some paint supply places and see if they can match your paint. I had a 2001 TL-S that i needed to paint and they couldn't match it exact but was close. Perhaps they changed since then. Mine was red but the paint had multi-color flake in it that you couldnt notice unless you got real close including purple and blue and matching that was the hard part in color, size and density in the paint.

- J

Thanks for the offer to help. I do want to paint it factory Crystal Peal Red. I will even buy the paint and base coat from Color Rite but I don't trust myself to shoot it or wet sand it.
02-14-2013, 07:25 PM
The finish is almost entirely in your prep. I'm happy to lend a hand if you want. I have gear and guns, no air tho. If you can get a good base, then you will have minimum finish work. Avoid color sanding with any pearls or metallics because it will not come out good. Use a good medium catalyst on the clear as a fast will not shine as brilliant and slow, while amazing, is just not worth the risk of contaminates gettin in or on the clear. You can expect to gently handle medium clear within about 2-3 hours vs 5-8 for slow clear and the difference is minimal for a regular use vehicle.

Let me know if you need any other help or advice. Wet sanding is not something to be afraid of. You are more likely to mess it up with a polisher but if you are careful u will be fine. Again it's all in the prep and u will have minimum finish work.

- J

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
02-14-2013, 08:39 PM
(02-14-2013 07:25 PM)MVBrutaleRider Wrote:  The finish is almost entirely in your prep. I'm happy to lend a hand if you want. I have gear and guns, no air tho. If you can get a good base, then you will have minimum finish work. Avoid color sanding with any pearls or metallics because it will not come out good. Use a good medium catalyst on the clear as a fast will not shine as brilliant and slow, while amazing, is just not worth the risk of contaminates gettin in or on the clear. You can expect to gently handle medium clear within about 2-3 hours vs 5-8 for slow clear and the difference is minimal for a regular use vehicle.

Let me know if you need any other help or advice. Wet sanding is not something to be afraid of. You are more likely to mess it up with a polisher but if you are careful u will be fine. Again it's all in the prep and u will have minimum finish work.

- J

How about if I rent a Home Depot air compressor, will that work? What PSI do you need?
02-14-2013, 09:01 PM
Ok, in my Color Rite shopping cart I have 1/2 pint of Suzuki YU7 Pearl Crystal Red, 1 pint of High-Solids Urethane High Gloss Clearcoat, 1/2 pint of 1655 Base, Urethane Reducer-1/2 Pint and 1 pint of Catalyzed Professional Primer. Do I need all this? Man, this aint cheap. Total check-out price is $277. Now I understand why an auto paint shop charges $500 for a single fender.

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious