Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Bagram Airfield crash
05-01-2013, 09:35 AM
Bagram Airfield crash
Gnarly stuff. Warning: pretty violent crash.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c32_1367332518

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2013, 11:06 AM
RE: Bagram Airfield crash
Saw this right after it happened... Crazy shit.

looks judging by the way it lost speed and stalled im guessing there was a cargo shift on take off to the tail. Either that or possibly 1 or 2 engine inop on rotate and just trying to keep it in the air without power.

my money is on cargo shift. The airforce has lost a few aircraft (and lives) that way. Cargo shifts throwing the CG WAY out destabilizing the aircraft.

- J

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
05-01-2013, 11:46 AM
Cargo shift was my initial tonight too after seeing the video. I highly doubt there would have been such an engine failure. Even with 2 engines it could still nose over and keep air speed up. Even as it was nearing the ground, you can see how the attitude of the aircraft was still wanting to go nose up. So cargo shift might be the culprit.

05-01-2013, 09:57 PM
Just sad, and gnarly. RIP to the 7 i believe, that lost their lives.
05-02-2013, 06:16 AM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2013 06:16 AM by Rev. That Guy.)
(05-01-2013 11:46 AM)JetMech Wrote:  Cargo shift was my initial tonight too after seeing the video. I highly doubt there would have been such an engine failure. Even with 2 engines it could still nose over and keep air speed up. Even as it was nearing the ground, you can see how the attitude of the aircraft was still wanting to go nose up. So cargo shift might be the culprit.
Looks like it was hauling 5 Mastiff transports under DoD contract. Cargo shift for sure (i suspect still). My father used to tell me that they would rarely fully strap everything down like they should (no backups, just main ties) when he flew military cargo.

(05-01-2013 09:57 PM)Terrasmak Wrote:  Just sad, and gnarly. RIP to the 7 i believe, that lost their lives.
yup, 7 Americans. RIP to those guy. unfortunate accident. At least the thing didn't come down on a school or neighborhood that could have been MUCH worse given that it was full of gas and spans nearly a football field in length and wingspan. unfortunate.

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
05-02-2013, 09:35 AM
May they R.I.P.