Rate Thread
10-10-2012, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2012 04:04 PM by green_dragon.)
RE: Badass
(10-09-2012 11:35 AM)Born2Run Wrote:  [Image: 668-banked.jpg]

Corrected for the actual horizon line..... still very cool but less dramatic.

thank you! I was just about to say... the photographers camera angle was not perpendicular to the ground thereby creating the illusion that the bike was below horizontal...

I also do not believe that you could go below horizontal for more than a split second while you were weaving from side to side as if to scrub your tires, but still doing so at a great speed.

Edit: and screw Rob... I'll try it!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2012, 09:28 PM
(10-09-2012 11:35 AM)Born2Run Wrote:  [Image: 668-banked.jpg]

Corrected for the actual horizon line..... still very cool but less dramatic.

Why is it can't see the pics you post? Do I need a secret decoder ring?

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
10-10-2012, 09:37 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2012 09:41 PM by got2go.)
(10-01-2012 10:23 AM)The Doctor Wrote:  
(09-30-2012 09:20 PM)got2go Wrote:  
(09-30-2012 08:56 PM)The Doctor Wrote:  I'ma go with the guy with the phD in physics on this one... just sayin Dontknow

Please have him explain how you will not slam to the ground once you cross over the horizontal plane, while at the same time not reducing your elevation in order to compensate for the bike wanting to push itself to the ground.

Im curious, completely ok if I am wrong, and interested in knowing how it would be possible.

Warning: Contains math

Assuming that your speed is great enough there's going to be a torque pulling the tires up along the plane of the incline, basically trying to flip you over. If your tires are good enough, and the road is clean and traction-y enough they would be able to provide a counter-force to overcome this torque. But a by-product of this force, since it's on an incline, is a force going in the y-direct (up). So as long as the sin(frictional-force) is greater than mgh you'd be perfectly fine for however long of a turn. And if it's slightly less than mgh, as long as the turn was relatively short, you'd be fine, just not for a super-sustained amount of time. Of course this is all with large speeds... so I think Rob should try it.

Not buying it...wouldn't work.
Have him put it in a graphical format.

Draw a bike, in a banked turn, and what will keep the bike upright once it crosses beyond horizontal. What keeps it from immediately veering off course into the inside/ground.

Yes, you would cross it for a few milliseconds, but the bike would either correct itself, or you would veer straight down to the inside/bottom of the turn.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

---
Charlie don't surf!
The Cake is a Lie!
You're gonna love my nuts!
I haven't seen Yayo...
09 Husqvarna 510 - "Bouncing Betty"
07 ZX-6R - "Crack"
07 Mean Streak Special Edition - "Blow"

[Image: 1hPfLRu]
10-11-2012, 12:53 AM
Once again, I'ma go with the guy with the PhD. I already laid out all of the forces. Just draw it out.

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**
10-14-2012, 06:49 PM
Dude it could totally happen just momentarily as the suspension loads up from changing direction. Once the suspension unloads you better be above horizontal if not your toast. It's the same thing when you watch a BMX guy in the X games or in an empty pool doing tricks.

Happy1

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious