Rate Thread
09-27-2012, 02:59 PM (This post was last modified: 09-27-2012 03:13 PM by got2go.)
RE: Badass
(09-27-2012 02:41 PM)The Doctor Wrote:  
(09-27-2012 09:24 AM)got2go Wrote:  
(09-26-2012 01:34 AM)The Doctor Wrote:  Once again raises the question. Can you get below horizontal?

The answer is still yes.

I thought you said as soon as you hit horizontal your bike would steer into the ground.

I actually asked my physics professor about it and he started cracking up. After about a half hour of diagrams and explanations and ponders by both him and myself, we came to the conclusion that under perfect conditions with CRAZY sticky tired and sticky asphalt, it could work. I say we have Rob try it...

Ok, forget what I posted...I just realized that your original question was regarding going below horizontal at a track, in a turn.

No. It would steer you into the ground/inside of the turn.

---
Charlie don't surf!
The Cake is a Lie!
You're gonna love my nuts!
I haven't seen Yayo...
09 Husqvarna 510 - "Bouncing Betty"
07 ZX-6R - "Crack"
07 Mean Streak Special Edition - "Blow"

[Image: 1hPfLRu]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2012, 05:43 PM
(09-27-2012 02:59 PM)got2go Wrote:  
(09-27-2012 02:41 PM)The Doctor Wrote:  
(09-27-2012 09:24 AM)got2go Wrote:  
(09-26-2012 01:34 AM)The Doctor Wrote:  Once again raises the question. Can you get below horizontal?

The answer is still yes.

I thought you said as soon as you hit horizontal your bike would steer into the ground.

I actually asked my physics professor about it and he started cracking up. After about a half hour of diagrams and explanations and ponders by both him and myself, we came to the conclusion that under perfect conditions with CRAZY sticky tired and sticky asphalt, it could work. I say we have Rob try it...

Ok, forget what I posted...I just realized that your original question was regarding going below horizontal at a track, in a turn.

No. It would steer you into the ground/inside of the turn.

In a banked turn going below horizontal. And Dr. Pravica at UNLV said it's possible!

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**
09-28-2012, 08:58 AM
(09-27-2012 05:43 PM)The Doctor Wrote:  In a banked turn going below horizontal. And Dr. Pravica at UNLV said it's possible!

I do not think it is possible in a turn does not cause the bike to decrease it's elevation...regardless of the banking.

---
Charlie don't surf!
The Cake is a Lie!
I haven't seen Yayo...
07 ZX-6R - "Crack"

09-28-2012, 09:08 AM
I didnt think I could fit my fist in my mouth, but let me tell you...

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
09-29-2012, 01:19 AM
Rofl2 You fit lots of things in your mouth, don't you?

**2013-2016 Secretary**
09-30-2012, 07:34 PM
(09-28-2012 08:58 AM)got2go Wrote:  
(09-27-2012 05:43 PM)The Doctor Wrote:  In a banked turn going below horizontal. And Dr. Pravica at UNLV said it's possible!

I do not think it is possible in a turn does not cause the bike to decrease it's elevation...regardless of the banking.

The laws of physics will momentarily allow this based on centripetal force. Based on the picture shown, it would only momentarily be possible.

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
09-30-2012, 08:56 PM
I'ma go with the guy with the phD in physics on this one... just sayin Dontknow

**2013-2016 Secretary**
09-30-2012, 09:20 PM
(09-30-2012 08:56 PM)The Doctor Wrote:  I'ma go with the guy with the phD in physics on this one... just sayin Dontknow

Please have him explain how you will not slam to the ground once you cross over the horizontal plane, while at the same time not reducing your elevation in order to compensate for the bike wanting to push itself to the ground.

Im curious, completely ok if I am wrong, and interested in knowing how it would be possible.

---
Charlie don't surf!
The Cake is a Lie!
I haven't seen Yayo...
07 ZX-6R - "Crack"

10-01-2012, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2012 10:26 AM by The Doctor.)
(09-30-2012 09:20 PM)got2go Wrote:  
(09-30-2012 08:56 PM)The Doctor Wrote:  I'ma go with the guy with the phD in physics on this one... just sayin Dontknow

Please have him explain how you will not slam to the ground once you cross over the horizontal plane, while at the same time not reducing your elevation in order to compensate for the bike wanting to push itself to the ground.

Im curious, completely ok if I am wrong, and interested in knowing how it would be possible.

Warning: Contains math

Assuming that your speed is great enough there's going to be a torque pulling the tires up along the plane of the incline, basically trying to flip you over. If your tires are good enough, and the road is clean and traction-y enough they would be able to provide a counter-force to overcome this torque. But a by-product of this force, since it's on an incline, is a force going in the y-direct (up). So as long as the sin(frictional-force) is greater than mgh you'd be perfectly fine for however long of a turn. And if it's slightly less than mgh, as long as the turn was relatively short, you'd be fine, just not for a super-sustained amount of time. Of course this is all with large speeds... so I think Rob should try it.

**2013-2016 Secretary**
10-09-2012, 11:35 AM
[Image: 668-banked.jpg]

Corrected for the actual horizon line..... still very cool but less dramatic.

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious