Rate Thread
06-02-2016, 02:47 PM
Alarms
Anyone know of a place that installs motorcycle alarms at a reasonable price? I have a front brake rotor lock, but still a bike can be picked up fairly easily, so some motion detector would be nice.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2016, 05:50 PM
RE: Alarms
I've tried two methods that have both worked wonders when it comes to anti-theft. Try getting a bike that no one wants, like a Ninja 250. Or try getting a bike that's really really really old, and also weighs about as much as a Prius. Rofl2

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**
06-03-2016, 06:04 AM
(06-02-2016 05:50 PM)The Doctor Wrote:  I've tried two methods that have both worked wonders when it comes to anti-theft. Try getting a bike that no one wants, like a Ninja 250. Or try getting a bike that's really really really old, and also weighs about as much as a Prius. Rofl2

LOL, I agree actually! I did research my front brake lock, and it has an alarm built in, the latch just needed to be pushed in a little more, so now if the bike is moved at least the alarm will go off, and since it is parked outside my window I should hear it.
06-03-2016, 08:29 AM
Its more secure to lock your rear rotor then your front disc FYI.

harder to lift the back of the bike, but,either way, if someone wants your bike, it will get stolen.

Full insurance and park it where no one can see it. Bike covers also help by keeping your goods hidden away. They are about 30-50 bucks.

Install a hidden kill switch on the bike if you want to go a step futher, but, like I said, most people stake out your bike and take it, if they want it, they will get it.

Full insurance and piece of mind.

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious