Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
2017 Pahrump Track Days
12-24-2016, 04:44 PM (This post was last modified: 12-24-2016 04:47 PM by R3K.)
2017 Pahrump Track Days
Since TrackXperience is only putting on 3 track days in P-rump all next year, does anyone know of another organization stepping up to put more track days on out there? Anybody know why so few track days in P-rump? The last time an organization hosted so few track days out there (Tracktactics, Ti2TT) it was the beginning of the end and the following year, they were either out of business, or no longer doing track days in our part of the country. The shitty thing about the schedule for next year is that of the 3 dates, one is in Feb (too cold IMO, track won't offer much grip = lots of crashes), and one is in Aug (WAAAAY too hot) so that really only leaves one track day "locally" all season long (May 2017). Looks like I'll be making more road trips this year
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-24-2016, 06:36 PM
RE: 2017 Pahrump Track Days
I heard the track is renting out more to cars.

28 YEAR AMA CHARTER LIFE MEMBER! I ride the BUSA and THE GOLDWING 1800. Sold the Gsxr1000 for the 2002 KLR650
12-24-2016, 06:37 PM
I asked 2 different control riders with TXP a got 2 different answers so they may not know either, What the both agreed on is that TXP is not going way, its just the red-headed stepchild out there, General Motors has taken a liking SMMR and wants to use the facility to help sell corvettes and cadillacs by holding whole bunch of private events at the location, so there wasn't much accommodation given to TXP this year, The good news is that they're building 3 more miles of track out there, but it going to take 2 years. So it's that or LVMS (meh)
12-24-2016, 06:39 PM
Let's Ride Track Days is doing events in California.

28 YEAR AMA CHARTER LIFE MEMBER! I ride the BUSA and THE GOLDWING 1800. Sold the Gsxr1000 for the 2002 KLR650
12-24-2016, 09:25 PM
(12-24-2016 06:37 PM)Mr.Frost Wrote:  I asked 2 different control riders with TXP a got 2 different answers so they may not know either, What the both agreed on is that TXP is not going way, its just the red-headed stepchild out there, General Motors has taken a liking SMMR and wants to use the facility to help sell corvettes and cadillacs by holding whole bunch of private events at the location, so there wasn't much accommodation given to TXP this year, The good news is that they're building 3 more miles of track out there, but it going to take 2 years. So it's that or LVMS (meh)

That's what I figured. SMMR has slowly been giving less and less consideration to the bikes over the past few years so it's not surprising I guess. It just sucks because we have two tracks within 60 miles or less of Las Vegas, and both have all but completely turned their backs on motorcyclists looking to spend their money to go fast in a safe environment. At least we have a number of other organizations hosting dates at Chuckwalla so I guess that's where I'll be going. Maybe once the additional track is added to SMMR, they'll give us the east course again!
01-07-2017, 02:01 PM
Who's going on February? Planning on signing up, it's been a while! Wheelie
01-12-2017, 06:20 PM
i have never done a track day but am dying to. can anyone help me point me in the right direction of what to do where to sign up. all info would be nice.

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious