Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
2003 Honda RC51 race/track bike for sale
07-31-2012, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 11-25-2012 12:09 PM by RSVracer.)
2003 Honda RC51 race/track bike for sale
As much as I hate to do this my new baby forces me to put the RC back up for sale. Here are all the details on the bike as it sits now.

2003 Honda RC51 (SP2 version) $6000
- clean title in hand
- 6100 original miles
- 130 hp & 72 ft/lbs on the dyno. Have charts for proof
- can be configured for street or track
- Ohlins 46PRXLS rear shock w/1.05 spring
- OEM forks w/ Ohlins 20mm valving, Racetech 1.0 springs, shorter top out springs
- Attack billet adjustable triple clamps
- Moriwaki billet rear suspension link
- Pirelli Superbike Pro slicks
- Scotts steering damper. Fully servced 04/12
- Alth front brake rotors
- OEM front brake calipers w/ new Vesrah RJL pads
- CRG billet clutch and brake levers
- Wave rear rotor
- Steel braided clutch and brake lines
- Apex billet fully adjustable clip-ons w/Vortex bar ends
- G2 throttle tube & cams
- Sato billet rearsets w/GP shift & custom, billet shift rod
- Alien Motion AM8 ultralight Lithium battery w/ custom under engine mount
- SP1 throttle bodies w/flow matched injectors for better torque
- Thorsten carbon fiber air box w/ custom rubber seal
- HRC basic racer wiring harness
- Yoshimura full exhaust system w/jet hot coating, custom O2 bungs, & M4 15" titanium mufflers
- CBR600RR coil packs w/custom machined NGK plugs
- Power Commander 3 USB w/custom advanced map
- Dynojet quickshifter
- DID EVR 520 chain
- Renthal 15/41 gearing
- Factory Pro shift star kit
- Sharskinz race bodywork. Professional painted 03/12
- custom decals by drippinwet.com
- Moriwaki carbon fiber radiator fins
- TurnOne Australia race undertail
- Zero Gravity double bubble windscreen
- Sato frame sliders
- T-Rex front axle sliders
- R&G swingarm spools/sliders
- Vortex keyless billet fuel cap
- OEM fuel tank w/dry break adapters installed for easier maintenance
- Solo subframe w/custom machined aluminum undertail enclosure
- Fresh Motul 300v and OEM filter. Changed every other trackday
- Fresh water pump seals and Engine Ice coolant. One trackday on them

OPTIONAL: If the buyer is looking for a truly exceptional RC51 I have a set of forged magnesium Marchesini wheels available for purchase with the bike. I will have tires mounted and installed on the bike for an additional $1500 which brings the total to $7500. Included with the wheels is an ultralight wave rear brake rotor and both 41 & 42 tooth Renthal rear 520 sprockets. These wheels sell for $4000 new and weigh a fraction of any other aluminum wheel on the market. I'm selling them individually for $2500 as they will fit any late model CBR1000RR as well. They truly transform the handling of the bike. The actual wheels can be seen in a couple of the photos on this page and as you can see they are in excellent condition. The OEM wheels will also be included as spares should the buyer opt to upgrade to the Marchesinis.

This is a very capable and well setup RC. The chassis is absolutely dialed and the stock engine makes plenty of power with the external mods and mapping in place. I just ran with the advanced group during my last track day at Spring Mountain and did not have any problems running a competitive pace. I bought this bike a little less than a year ago with 5845 miles on the clock. That means its only been ridden 255 miles in the last 11 months, 100 of which were on the street during the purchase process and first week of ownership.

I will throw in several spares and OEM parts including full service manual, key and lockset, kick stand, Yosh muffler, headlight, bodywork, exhaust header, wiring harness, Pro Tek rearsets, fairing stay, throttle bodies, airbox, rear suspension link, clip-ons, rear brake rotor, rear shock, custom street undertail with LED's, windscreens, Spal high flow radiator fans and more. I will also include a Trackside brand movable front wheel chock purchased new from Cycle Gear back in June. If the buyer is interested in racing and/or track days the BKS suit in the photos is also for sale.

All suspension work was performed within the last 8 months by Cogent Dynamics in North Carolina. Dyno tuning was performed at Fastline Performance here in Las Vegas. All custom work was performed by Mike "Irish" Hughes formally of Pat Clark Motorsports, now with Las Vegas Motorcycle Sales. These guys do fantastic work. I have all receipts documenting the build.

As stated above this could fairly easily be returned to the street if the new owner wishes. All the necessary parts are there. The OEM bodywork is clean but the new owner may choose to paint it. For an additional fee I can have it professionally painted to match the existing tank or however he/she chooses.

You could spend your money on a stock Ducati, Aprilia, Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki, KTM, or almost any other sportbike out there but you will not come close to the handling and capabilities of this particular RC51. Owning an RC51 is also like owning a piece of racing history. No other production motorcycle has ever been manufactured by HRC (Honda Racing Corporation). Honda won the 2000 and 2002 World Superbike titles with this bike. It was purpose built to beat Ducati at their own game.

All listed prices are firm. CASH ONLY. No payment plans and no scammers. Local transactions only. I will not ship the bike so please dont ask. I can deliver anywhere within a reasonable drive from Las Vegas/Henderson. I am not entertaining parting the bike out at this time. I will consider cash/trade deals for a track prepped, 2009+ crossplane Yamaha R1. I have dozens of additional hi-res photos so please feel free to PM me if you would like to see more or have any questions. Thanks for looking!

[Image: IMG_4074.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4073.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4077.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2019.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2043.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4081.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4079.jpg]

[Image: P1000777.jpg]

[Image: P1000778.jpg]

[Image: P1000779.jpg]

[Image: P1000780.jpg]

[Image: P1000781.jpg]

[Image: P1000782.jpg]

[Image: P1000788.jpg]

[Image: P1000787.jpg]

[Image: P1000786.jpg]

[Image: P1000784.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-31-2012, 10:24 AM
RE: 2003 Honda RC51 race/track bike for sale
some more pics

[Image: IMG_3813.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3809.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3811.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3810.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3842.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3841.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3840.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3839.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3838.jpg]
07-31-2012, 01:22 PM
Thats a sweet ass ride!!! GLWS!

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
07-31-2012, 01:45 PM
(07-31-2012 01:22 PM)JetMech Wrote:  Thats a sweet ass ride!!! GLWS!

thanks Jet
07-31-2012, 01:59 PM
Welcome to site BTW. Post an intro.

Do you do trackdays often?

07-31-2012, 02:05 PM
(07-31-2012 01:59 PM)JetMech Wrote:  Welcome to site BTW. Post an intro.

Do you do trackdays often?

Thanks again. Yeah I visit the track pretty frequently. I dont even own a street bike at the moment. I sold my Aprilia RSV4 last September and have been solely focusing on the track ever since. Honestly I just moved back to Vegas from Michigan and I'm really disappointed by the lack of available track time we have nowadays. I've only been able to ride at LVMS once this year and that was on an off day sponsored by Racers Edge Performance. I just had knee surgery on the 9th of this month so I'm healing up now and getting started with rehab. I'm hoping to be fit enough (and have a new bike ready) to hit the next scheduled day at Spring Mountain in September.
07-31-2012, 02:29 PM
Sweet Bro. Listen to your docs and heal up. I'm doing Autoclub this weekend and would like to do SMMR in September as well.

07-31-2012, 02:39 PM
(07-31-2012 02:29 PM)JetMech Wrote:  Sweet Bro. Listen to your docs and heal up. I'm doing Autoclub this weekend and would like to do SMMR in September as well.

I've never been to Autoclub. I would like to hit that and Chuckawalla this year if possible. All depends on how quickly my knee heals. I'm already walking around pretty well so that's encouraging. Have you been out to the track this year yet? I'm wondering if we haven't already crossed paths at some point. I think I've hit every available day since the start of the year. I see you are riding a GSXR 750. I'm honestly trying really hard not to buy one of those even though I know its probably the easiest bike to ride fast around the tracks we have access to. Not to mention the huge amount of aftermarket support for that platform. I've always been a v-twin guy on the street. Just love the character, wide spread of torque, and sound they make. My RSV4 was probably the best of both worlds but was, in all honesty, too much bike for me on the track and kept getting me in trouble on the streets. Right now I'm looking at a 2008 Aprilia RSV1000R Factory that was campaigned by KWS/Millennium Technologies in 2008 AMA DSB and ridden by Chaz Davies. Its extremely well setup but for the price I'm paying I could almost get a full blown 750 Superbike.
08-03-2012, 12:22 PM
found some more photos

heading to the track
[Image: IMG_1500.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1499.jpg]

some more detail shots of the new paint job
[Image: IMG_1495.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1494.jpg]
08-05-2012, 04:25 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2012 09:14 AM by RSVracer.)
some on track shots of me and and older photos of the bike

[Image: IMG_1034.jpg]

[Image: _L_52749.jpg]

[Image: _L_55348.jpg]

[Image: _L_55479.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3175.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3174.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1493.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1492.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1491.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1490.jpg]