Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
[split] Group riding discussion (from Red Rock Ride thread)
01-25-2014, 11:18 AM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2014 11:37 AM by ars0n.)
RE: Sunday 01/26/14 Red Rock Ride
(01-25-2014 09:37 AM)BigNasty Wrote:  FYI I am a patched member seeing I founded this club. I was from the beginning GRANDFATHERED in as always being a patched member as per Gleno (when he took the reigns as President when I stepped down) and voted on by the members at that time. Unfortunately most of those members no longer ride with the club and my buddy Gleno isn't around any longer to ask. If that has changed then I will be more than happy to turn in my patch.

First of all, I havent seen you wear your patch since you have been out with us? Am I missing something? If you got it, wear it! Then again I have only been on 2 rides with you since you have come back so that could be my fault..

Second, my very first SCS meeting was the meeting that Angel called out Lee and gleno was voted in by the members AT THAT MEETING as president. So at what point you stepped down and handed it to Gleno must have been before lee was president but pretty sure Glenos first time being president was after lee was impeached. So, I am not too sure about those timeline of facts there.

Third - If you are not going to use the patch, then yes, please turn it in, grandfathered or not. There are lots of people willing to be a full participant of this club. We have had our fair share of members that come and go and do as they please and to be honest, that is not what this club has ever been about, being a patched member takes time, dedication, sacrifice, all of which I am more then sure you are well aware of.

I am not sure what your post is implying... just about everyone and there mothers hung up their helmets after gleno passed. I have been a member of this club almost 8 years after you left Kevin. And I can tell you A LOT has gone down and many ideas, meetings, arguments and changes had to be made in order to keep this club alive so that YOU CAN STILL wear that grandfathered patch. And what gleno told you back then, as being a founding member and keeping that patch, thats fine, but you must always abide by this clubs bylaws rules, outlook on riding, if not, then whats the point in being part of a club you no longer believe in and or want to ride with? Also, there was a rule made long ago that if you were to leave this club you would need to re-prospect in order to become a patched member again. This was to protect ourselves from a bunch of club hoppers we had and members getting their patches and just disappearing. So we have some hesitance when a member just pops up again and wants to be active.

Come hang out, meet some new peeps. If its not your thing any more, turn in your patch, ride the way you want. Be merry. But if you choose to wear that patch, understand that some things have changed. And you will need to respect that from the people that have kept this club alive.

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2014, 02:58 PM
(01-25-2014 11:18 AM)ars0n Wrote:  
(01-25-2014 09:37 AM)BigNasty Wrote:  FYI I am a patched member seeing I founded this club. I was from the beginning GRANDFATHERED in as always being a patched member as per Gleno (when he took the reigns as President when I stepped down) and voted on by the members at that time. Unfortunately most of those members no longer ride with the club and my buddy Gleno isn't around any longer to ask. If that has changed then I will be more than happy to turn in my patch.

First of all, I havent seen you wear your patch since you have been out with us? Am I missing something? If you got it, wear it! Then again I have only been on 2 rides with you since you have come back so that could be my fault..

Second, my very first SCS meeting was the meeting that Angel called out Lee and gleno was voted in by the members AT THAT MEETING as president. So at what point you stepped down and handed it to Gleno must have been before lee was president but pretty sure Glenos first time being president was after lee was impeached. So, I am not too sure about those timeline of facts there.

Third - If you are not going to use the patch, then yes, please turn it in, grandfathered or not. There are lots of people willing to be a full participant of this club. We have had our fair share of members that come and go and do as they please and to be honest, that is not what this club has ever been about, being a patched member takes time, dedication, sacrifice, all of which I am more then sure you are well aware of.

I am not sure what your post is implying... just about everyone and there mothers hung up their helmets after gleno passed. I have been a member of this club almost 8 years after you left Kevin. And I can tell you A LOT has gone down and many ideas, meetings, arguments and changes had to be made in order to keep this club alive so that YOU CAN STILL wear that grandfathered patch. And what gleno told you back then, as being a founding member and keeping that patch, thats fine, but you must always abide by this clubs bylaws rules, outlook on riding, if not, then whats the point in being part of a club you no longer believe in and or want to ride with? Also, there was a rule made long ago that if you were to leave this club you would need to re-prospect in order to become a patched member again. This was to protect ourselves from a bunch of club hoppers we had and members getting their patches and just disappearing. So we have some hesitance when a member just pops up again and wants to be active.

Come hang out, meet some new peeps. If its not your thing any more, turn in your patch, ride the way you want. Be merry. But if you choose to wear that patch, understand that some things have changed. And you will need to respect that from the people that have kept this club alive.

I'll start off by saying I really didn't see what was wrong with how we rode to Red Rock but then again I was one of the guys in the front. Third in line as I remember. Yes there were a couple of trucks that did cause the group to be separated due to the merging lanes, but that's going to happen with a group of bikes from time to time. I myself don't like to ride in the blind spot of large SUV type trucks so YES I did pass the SUV aggressively, in my own lane, before the two lanes merged. I did not however pass any member or nonmember while doing this. Other than; that I can't account t for other riders actions that were behind me.

A far as the (patch) post ALL I was stating was I thought I was still a Member of SCS. But it is apparent by My tag not having (member) below, or not participating enough, or not wearing an old jacket that doesn't fit, which has the patch on it, must make me a non member and I will be glad to turn in the patch. I will not Prospect a club which I started.

As far as the Time Line of the clubs Presidents You are correct in saying Lee was voted President directly after me but I don't consider his tenure as Pres. to be applicable. Gleno did become President (after me) exactly as you stated and during that time is when I was grandfathered as a life member. I should have said (after) I stepped down as President when Gleno took the reigns.

So I guess what I was trying to say is>>>> I really think it is asinine for someone to post about the way some of us ride in an open forum instead of talking to them individually. That's all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-25-2014, 11:29 PM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2014 01:22 AM by ars0n.)
(01-25-2014 09:37 AM)BigNasty Wrote:  A far as the (patch) post ALL I was stating was I thought I was still a Member of SCS. But it is apparent by My tag not having (member) below, or not participating enough, or not wearing an old jacket that doesn't fit, which has the patch on it, must make me a non member and I will be glad to turn in the patch. I will not Prospect a club which I started.

So I guess what I was trying to say is>>>> I really think it is asinine for someone to post about the way some of us ride in an open forum instead of talking to them individually. That's all.

Freddy's post was pretty generalized and wasnt calling anyone out in particular. It seems like only the guilty minded people have spoken up. And honestly from your description of what happened, you were absolutely in the right, I dont see what the big fuss is from either side. You did what was in your right to protect yourself on your bike.

But, to the point where you need to threaten the club with you throwing in your patch because someone made a generalized statement/reminder and or you are unsure of your roll in this club as a member without sitting down and talking with the officers in anyway shape or form and or announcing your return and for people to remember a promise that gleno made to you as a founding member years ago, ALL seems a bit asinine.

There seem to be some bigger issues here..

Founding member or not, you are talking to a club of 13-15 people, where only 3-4 of us remember who you are and what you did/have done for us in the past. A proper stance would be to come in and make it known that you want to be an active member again by showing up to events, meetings in particular and start supporting this club in a positive manner.

We dont just give member ship access to every founding member that just shows up after years of absence. Especially with no formal announcement and discussion with the club. We never said you would need to re-prospect, but only what our rules are. This is to protect our best interests and his been like this for some time. If you want to become an active member you need to wear that patch, pay your dues and support this club.

To be perfectly honest, I have seen a lot of shit in these past 8 years and for a founding member to come on here and tell me that he or she is too busy and or unwilling to cut a patch off an old jacket that no longer fits, that you could take to a seamstress for 15 dollars or take the time yourself to remove the patch and sew it on and or pay that same seamstress to sew it on is a bit asinine.

And if Gleno could hear you say that about your patch he would be rolling in his grave. He would never accept that excuse. You unfortunately have no idea what this club has been in through in the past 6+ years. From fake members, to clubs taking our members, treasures stealing money, 2 web site domains being stolen from under us, I have sat with multiple lawyers, hours on the phone, meetings with other clubs, spent countless years along with many other officers and members getting this shit back together. I cant even being to touch the tip of the ice berg as there have been 4 other presidents before me that worked their ass off to get where we are and the issues that they dealt with.

Gleno was like a father to me and many others let me tell you this.. but never,never was SCS HIS club. This is OUR club. And everything this club does is done as a whole. We agree on everything, we vote on everything, we talk about everything.

We, I, as president, dont take kindly to members threatening their membership. Members make this club what it is and if that's the kind of attitude you want to bring to the table after founding this club, I will gladly take your patch. We have had our fair share of negativity and people coming and going with a flick of the wind. We need strong, positive people that are going to WANT TO show off that patch and be proud.

I hope to see you keep your patch, come back in a major way and show some members how this shit is done. If not, ok. No hard feelings from me or the club in anyway. You would still be welcome at our private events and rides as a founding member. Over the years we have come to learn its not so much the patch that makes the person, as much as the actions of that person.

See ya out there mang.

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
Find all posts by this user

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious