Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
mustang question
08-28-2012, 08:22 AM
RE: mustang question
Hell yeah...thanks for the help.... it looks.like the clutch isn't engaing.....but I'm not sure if it holds anything....we tried to fill it but it never grabbed....???? So im not all that sure what's next..lol besides dropping it.off to a mechanic.lol
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-28-2012, 03:09 PM
Brian, if its driveable bring it by the shop. I just built one for a friend. It made 672 RWHP. Not that you could put all the power to the ground in that chassis but it was a blast to drive!
08-28-2012, 04:32 PM
(08-28-2012 08:22 AM)dirty650rat Wrote:  Hell yeah...thanks for the help.... it looks.like the clutch isn't engaing.....but I'm not sure if it holds anything....we tried to fill it but it never grabbed....???? So im not all that sure what's next..lol besides dropping it.off to a mechanic.lol

The systems generally take more than would seem. Sounds to me like you have a serious leak somewhere though - That or your compressor is shot. If the pressure in the system is too low, the compressor wont even turn on. If there is moisture in the system when it was run before, it could have a damaged compressor. All of these things are easy enough to sort out, its just a matter of finding them. Most 134a refrigerants have a green dye in them. With a UV light and the filter lenses, it stands out really bright. I will dig up my leak stuff for that and maybe come have a look for you this weekend sometime. Once you find the leak, its just a matter of replacing the part and because AC systems all run hard lines (for the most part) they are usually all small components that bolt up. Condensers are easy enough to replace too. Has the car taken a front ender at any point? That was the issue with my fathers car. There was a small hole where part of the radiator support hit the condenser. Compressors are a bit more involved but not usually any harder than replacing an alternator or water pump.

Buy new parts if you can. Junkyard parts, while sometimes fine, can be hit or miss and most reputable places will exchange/refund but it sucks to have to find out the hard way. (If you must go junkyard parts, find a car that was hit. If the body is straight, something with the drivetrain is usually bad.)

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
08-28-2012, 05:07 PM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2012 05:29 PM by dirty650rat.)
Hell yeah.... this is all some good ass info.thanks...ill try trouble shooting it...I'm just learning.....the hard way..lol..damn jourdan...that's a shit load of power.....i think all i have is around 220 or some shit like that...and it already feels more than i i know what to with....i bet its fast as fuck on the drag strip too... some get the front tires off the ground type stuff. I'm hotter in that car than i am in full leathers on my bike with a helmet.!!!!!

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious