Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
help my mountain bike got stolen !!
08-31-2013, 05:22 PM
help my mountain bike got stolen !!
well just like my title said < it got stolen about a month ago from my back yard ,and later today i found iyt for sale on craigs list , i called the cops to notified about the situation and i dont know what to do next ..

shoud i just pretend to buy it and just show up with the cops ?? or shoud i just let the cops handle it ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-31-2013, 05:36 PM
RE: help my mountain bike got stolen !!
i'll go and "buy" it for you... have the cops on standby. whoever has it may know you or recognize you so that could complicate things.

The cops do this kinda thing all the time. I was inadvertently involved in something like this as an actual innocent buyer of what I later found out to be stolen goods and the cops know what to do.

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
08-31-2013, 06:19 PM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2013 06:21 PM by Wacko.)
(08-31-2013 05:36 PM)That Guy Wrote:  i'll go and "buy" it for you... have the cops on standby. whoever has it may know you or recognize you so that could complicate things.

The cops do this kinda thing all the time. I was inadvertently involved in something like this as an actual innocent buyer of what I later found out to be stolen goods and the cops know what to do.

- Justin

thank for volunteer but i dont one you get involve in this , i rather loose the bike before anyone get hurt , this thieves dont care about anything . hanks for the advise man i rally do appreciate you wanting to help .
08-31-2013, 06:32 PM
(08-31-2013 06:19 PM)Wacko Wrote:  
(08-31-2013 05:36 PM)That Guy Wrote:  i'll go and "buy" it for you... have the cops on standby. whoever has it may know you or recognize you so that could complicate things.

- Justin

thank for volunteer but i dont one you get involve in this , i rather loose the bike before anyone get hurt , this thieves dont care about anything . hanks for the advise man i rally do appreciate you wanting to help .

I just read an article like this on yahoo. The girl had her bike stolen and cops would do nothing. She met the guy and "test" rode the bike and just took off with it and met up with her friend near bye. lol
08-31-2013, 06:32 PM
I wouldn't be too worried. I kinda enjoy situations like that mainly cuz I am 6'4" and 240 and can be quite intimidating. But I'm also great at playing off whatever role I need to. I get a kick ou I it.

Either way, the cops can deal with it. Again, this would be a pretty standard drill for them. Ask them to send an officer to meet with you, explain the situation and they can let you know what steps to take. They love these kinds of cases because firstly they often yield more stolen goods, but second, they are pretty much and open and shut case that helps their numbers for the month.

- J

- Ken "No Neck"

08-31-2013, 06:35 PM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2013 06:38 PM by Wacko.)
(08-31-2013 06:32 PM)BALLSDEEP Wrote:  
(08-31-2013 06:19 PM)Wacko Wrote:  

- Justin

I just read an article like this on yahoo. The girl had her bike stolen and cops would do nothing. She met the guy and "test" rode the bike and just took off with it and met up with her friend near bye. lol

lol thats one way of doing it ! i just talked to a friend of mine that is a cop and he just told me that they cant do anything when is a bike if its like a car or motorcycle yes , but not for a mountain bike . sucks !! but if anyone wants to recover it for me i will pay for a reward !!
08-31-2013, 06:51 PM
Just go there and ride off with it. If you have proof it's yours they aren't going to do shit about it.

Also, some of these bikes are quite expensive. We spent a lot on our two bicycles. If it's worth <$100 I can see them not getting involved but at $500+ that can be a felony/misdemeanor

Also the fact it was STOLEN means you can press charges...So...Not sure why they would say they can't do anything. Someone steals an XBOX and cops go nuts over it LOL
08-31-2013, 07:00 PM
(08-31-2013 06:51 PM)LVNeptune Wrote:  Just go there and ride off with it. If you have proof it's yours they aren't going to do shit about it.

Also, some of these bikes are quite expensive. We spent a lot on our two bicycles. If it's worth <$100 I can see them not getting involved but at $500+ that can be a felony/misdemeanor

Also the fact it was STOLEN means you can press charges...So...Not sure why they would say they can't do anything. Someone steals an XBOX and cops go nuts over it LOL

Ok thanks everyone for the quick response , and yea my bike is worth about 1500 $ . Sad
08-31-2013, 07:21 PM
Again, I can help you recover it.

- justin

- Ken "No Neck"

08-31-2013, 07:25 PM
If it is over $500 I think, that falls under grand larceny which is a felony. That would mean shiny bracelets for the bastids! I would call the police and insist that you want to press charges. Again if that don't work, let me know. I just wouldn't want to use my own cell phone number. Email would be possible tho.

Post up the cl ad.

- Justin

- Ken "No Neck"

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious