Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
food for thought - why do you ride?
03-07-2013, 07:02 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2013 07:07 AM by Rev. That Guy.)
food for thought - why do you ride?
So just throwing this out here out of curiosity. I think it would be a fun project to see why you all ride and the different mindsets and reasons. The image? the adrenaline? why?

As the title asks, why do you ride? Why did you start riding?

For me, it is complete zen. I became interested in motorcycles when I was about 8 years old. I even remember my little jar of money I was saving for a Ninja when i saw a commercial when I was a wee tike. (I know, a ninja... I didn't know any better, I keed I keed hehe)

Then as i got older I became more interested in cars because i got one at 15 after saving for a few years, but never gave up the idea of motorcycles. I had been on a few buddies dirt bikes and that kind of kept the ball rolling for me. Finally at 16 I ended up with a 95 CBR600F3 that was a race bike. I was the first to put plates on it since new. After that, I have never been without a bike. I have owned everything from a hand full of CBRs, and old GPZ900, some old interceptors, a ninja 250, 2 new BMWs, a Victory hammer and my Brutie, my new RC and about a dozen or so other bikes.

For me, it doesn't matter what I ride. 2 wheels is 2 wheels. I am completely at home on a sport bike or a cruiser, a dirt bike, scooter, whatever.

When i swing my leg over a bike, everything else just kind of fades away and I am truly at peace.

I am the type of person that my mind is moving a million miles and hour all the time, but it all stops when I'm on a bike. it is my therapy. I don't care about being the fastest or the best. I'm far from both of those, but to me, it doesn't matter.

I have never really been all that much about the culture of it. I don't care about the image or what other think. Motorcycling for me is very personal and intimate.

It truly is a lifestyle for me. I will always be a motorcyclist. Old, new, fast, slow, road, dirt - makes no difference to me. The only thing I can do on a motorcycle is think about motorcycles. It is like flying to me. I am a pilot, but a motorcycle is the next closest thing to flying and for me, nothing else really compares.

so how about you?

- J

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2013, 08:39 AM
RE: food for thought - why do you ride?
i'm in it for the bittches YahooAngel

[Image: 9d765f67-981a-472a-ac7e-cd56d5c63b90_zps...1369163536]