Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Winter Riding In Boise
03-31-2013, 01:48 PM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2013 01:49 PM by VEGASRIDER.)
RE: Winter Riding In Boise
Thanks a lot guys with the generous comments. I decided to post this up after watching that Death Valley Ride Video that Doug posted up. You guys were all mentioning how cold it was that morning and you were freezing your ass off, I was laughing thinking really? So I decided to show you what cold really can look like.

Well those rides to DV around this time of year are tough, just because of the temperture extremes. It's much easier to ride if you dress for one extreme, but not both.

I miss Vegas, but I do not miss the traffic. Even though there are about 250k people around here, vs 2 million, I see a lot more riders riding (during normal weather) than I did back in Vegas. There are a lot of riders here and I still can't get use to seeing all these riders riding in shorts and no helmet. Then they wave, even more funny. I call it the natural selection process.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2013, 05:20 AM
(03-30-2013 08:43 PM)VEGASRIDER Wrote:  Next winter, I'm going to get a helmet that comes with a double heated pane visor, similar to snowmobile helmets.

Ever think about buying a beater car for the winter?
04-01-2013, 07:39 AM
(04-01-2013 05:20 AM)evilFive Wrote:  
(03-30-2013 08:43 PM)VEGASRIDER Wrote:  Next winter, I'm going to get a helmet that comes with a double heated pane visor, similar to snowmobile helmets.

Ever think about buying a beater car for the winter?

BLASPHEMY!!!!

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**
04-01-2013, 09:20 AM
Frosty! Love the snow. Not sure about riding in it, but the summers in boise are awesome!!
04-12-2013, 03:51 PM
You are NOT well, Kenny. LOL No way in hell that I'd be riding a sportbike through all of that snow. I'm not even talking about the temps, that's bad enough, but you can always dress for the weather (I'm from MI originally). However, I just would not want to try and keep the bike up in that. I, personally, would feel more comfortable on the enduro in the snow than I would on the FZ, but that's just me. I used to ride and race enduros and MX and stuff in the snow in MI at times, so I got used to it to a certain degree. Plus, the bike is much lighter and easier to recover if it starts to go down. Smile

I also don't blame you for not touching the front brake. That's a recipe for disaster for any darn bike in the snow.

The thing that would really freak me out is on the ice. I don't know about that brotha...I give you credit. Huuuuuuugggggeeee balls bro...HUGE. LOL

If you can't beat 'em...shoot 'em! Rofl2

South Bay Photography
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious