Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Why is this forum so awesome?
05-06-2013, 05:59 AM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2013 06:55 AM by got2go.)
RE: Why is this forum so entertaining?
It's not dead. We are very much alive doing life thingsYahoo weekly meetings, two rides per week plus an extra ride here and there. Track days,bbqs. Ain't got time to sit in front of puter lol!

28 YEAR AMA CHARTER LIFE MEMBER! I ride the BUSA and THE GOLDWING 1800. Sold the Gsxr1000 for the 2002 KLR650
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2013, 06:00 AM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2013 06:54 AM by got2go.)
RE: Why is this forum so fabulous?
Posted from my iPad because I'm on the go!

28 YEAR AMA CHARTER LIFE MEMBER! I ride the BUSA and THE GOLDWING 1800. Sold the Gsxr1000 for the 2002 KLR650
05-06-2013, 06:56 AM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2013 07:09 AM by Rev. That Guy.)
RE: Why is this forum so great?
(05-06-2013 12:22 AM)ars0n Wrote:  This is a word of mouth club. Not really here for "HITS" or to be popular. I think you might have the wrong idea about this club and its forums. I also dont really appreciate this post too much. If anything, this post looks negative now that anyone who comes to this site, now see's this.

That is of course, if i decide to not delete it.

While I agree with you here to a certain extent, I would like to interject and say that character of an individual or organization is not always defined by a problem it has, but rather, the way it is resolved/handled.

This post looks worse (in my opinion) on the club than the original thread does.

If we are "not here for hits or to be popular" then why does it matter?

The reality of the matter is Kenny is correct. The activity is significantly less now than it was a year ago. I can see how this can drive curiosity and there was certainly no bad intentions on his part. An innocent question that to me, shows concern.

That being said, if not having a hugely active forum looks bad on the club who cares? If someone is willing to dismiss a group or club because the posts on their site are low instead of actually meeting and talking with club/site members, do we really want someone like that involved anyway? The thing that I dig about this club is the social aspect of it. For the most part, peeps are more about face to face time rather than behind a keyboard interaction and I love that. Its not about penis size like SO MANY other motorcycle forums are and that's awesome.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you seem to jump right to negative assumptions rather quickly when anyone wants to voice an opinion... just an observation. Take it with a grain of salt.

As you were

- J

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
05-06-2013, 07:13 AM
RE: Why is this forum so awesome?
"That being said, if not having a hugely active forum looks bad on the club who cares?" +1 But...

I care when its being blasted across our website. There are tons of other ways that kenny could have approached this. Im not too sure why you think my post is somehow WORSE than kenny's... not really sure what to say about that..

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
05-06-2013, 11:01 AM
RE: Why is this forum so great?
(05-06-2013 06:56 AM)That Guy Wrote:  Its not about penis size like

It's not?! well... I'm in the wrong place. Later peeps! Rofl2

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**
05-06-2013, 08:13 PM
RE: Why is this forum so awesome?
Glad to see I've created some fire! Yes, this forum is Awesome. A lot of responsible riders here on this site. From a guy who belongs to numerous forums, I just find it odd that that this forum has the least amount of traffic, and maybe because it's dedicated or focused more as a club than a forum? Yes, there are your weekly RR rides posted, TWT's and so forth.

I enjoy reading new threads and seeing pictures of your rides, especially your Iron Butt Ride to Oregon. In the event that a lot of these are posted in the private section, I hope you reconsider posting most of your threads In the public forum. In my opinion, a healthy forum is an active forum. I only posted this because I have noticed a significant drop in the activity compared to the other site and thought that all the club members were just posting in the private forum. I could be wrong, just trying to figure out why.

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious