Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Was browsing bikes today...
04-20-2014, 10:37 AM
RE: Was browsing bikes today...
cant do the sv and not down with the looks of the cb1r and z1000 is prob the only one i would consider =D

And doug, i dont know why I keep thinking you have one..

Do we know anyone that has one?

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2014, 09:20 PM
been staring at the fz 09 all day.... very tempting..

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

04-20-2014, 10:23 PM
Dude, get an R1!!!!

Honestly, for the price, the FZ9 seems like a lot of bike for money and very practical bike as well. Looks comfortable as hell too.

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
04-20-2014, 10:40 PM
already got a sport bike, want something diff =D r1s are sweet for sure, but I think if I got any sport bike again it would be the honda cbr 1k.. the 750 is still a great bike and I plan on keeping her... but looking for something lil mo comfy, more new, same amount of power or more, less fairings..

04-20-2014, 11:20 PM
Check out the torque curve on the Yami.

[Image: 2014YamahaFZ-09DynoChart_zpsaec35f62.jpg]

I might be to old to cut the mustard, but I can still lick the jar.
04-21-2014, 12:08 AM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2014 12:09 AM by ars0n.)
found an exhaust that adds 8hp 3 lbs torque and drops 10 pounds too =D

04-21-2014, 07:22 AM
Nice.Laughing7

I might be to old to cut the mustard, but I can still lick the jar.
04-21-2014, 11:54 AM
Another consideration to the bike selection is direct operating costs... figuring in maintenance requirements and parts costs.

Both the italian and brit bikes will be higher cost of maintenance and parts, generally. Reliability and longevity also play a factor in this as well as the jap bike will, usually, be far more reliable, and require less ongoing maintenance than the euro bikes. You can also get away with neglecting the jap bikes a bit more than the euro bikes.

Im still a fan of both your original choices but the FZ9 is also a great looking bike. Performance wise, the euro bikes will be better performers on the track than the FZ which is a sportier touring - err UJM (Universal Japanese Motorcycle) type bike anyway. The FZ will likely be MILES more comfortable on a longer run though. Ive never even seen one in person tho so that is purely speculation on my part based off information available.

I still vote for the DUC for around town but if the focus is more on longer rides, the FZ or Trip. Again, I come back to the Trip being a better all-around bike if you factor in that you want to run a track day or 3 on it as well as around town and longer rides. If you remove that factor of the track, then the Duc over the FZ as the FZ I would think, may get a little boring.

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
04-21-2014, 06:32 PM
I am looking to beat the shit out of this thing.. I am thinking the ducati might not cut it its too nice =D same with the triple...

Not sure.. gunna go sit on the fz 09 and see how it is.. if i like it ill prob get it.. already done a shit ton of research on them lol..got the suspension, exhaust and blinkers/fender eliminator picked...hah..

115 bucks a month they say....

we shall seee....

04-21-2014, 06:54 PM
(04-19-2014 09:22 PM)tomy Wrote:  Get a 2fiddy

For once I agree with Tomy

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**