Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Troy Bayliss makes his return to WSBK
02-25-2015, 06:11 PM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2015 06:12 PM by R3K.)
RE: Troy Bayliss makes his return to WSBK
@ Dazo

I'll be interested to hear how the new bike does on the track. I'm kicking around the idea of doing the "run what you brung" races to see what kind of expenses I take on and how I like it and I'll make my decision on my racing "career" from there. If you jump in, we can mix it up later in the year in that 40 year old class. I'm hoping the dudes with more life experience (we're not old because we're over 40, we just have more experience with being on the planet) won't be as cut throat as those younger dudes that feel like they have something to prove!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2015, 08:58 AM
@mototrav - I am running the Michelin slicks right now. They are what came on my new bike. I was running the Pirelli superbike slick on my zx6r and loved them. So I will have to wait and see what I think of these Michelins, but most likely I will switch back to the Pirelli when these are done.

@R3K - I have been mulling over whether to do the "run what you brung" also, might just do that this time around. But for about the same money you can do the new racer school, get your race license, and then race in the amateur class, so I will be aiming to do this in the fall.

I am using the same logic as you about the over 40 class. While I am sure that there are dudes that will be super fast, I am hoping that they will be a bit more sane!

In the end I just want to casually try racing, I think that it would be fun to do a few times a year. I really don't think my wallet can handle a full season of it.
02-26-2015, 01:44 PM
Fellas, let's get together and talk about the upcoming season. I am free through the weekend. I am interested in Trackdays and an occasional race, but don't really have insight on how things run here. Had to leave all my racing friends in Europe Geek[/b]
02-26-2015, 06:06 PM
(02-26-2015 01:44 PM)Mototrav22 Wrote:  Fellas, let's get together and talk about the upcoming season. I am free through the weekend. I am interested in Trackdays and an occasional race, but don't really have insight on how things run here. Had to leave all my racing friends in Europe Geek[/b]

Unfortunately I won't have time to do much of anything before the middle of next month, but if time permits, I've got your number so maybe we can meet somewhere for lunch to discuss. Dazo, if you PM me your contact info, I can include you as well, but please don't wait for my schedule to free up before you guys get in touch with one another. You can just backfill me on the plan!
02-27-2015, 12:45 PM
I am busy this weekend getting ready for Streets of Willow next weekend (so I will be out next weekend also). Perhaps the weekend after that.
At the very least I will hopefully see you guys at the SMMR trackday!
02-27-2015, 01:54 PM
Werd

(02-27-2015 12:45 PM)dazo Wrote:  I am busy this weekend getting ready for Streets of Willow next weekend (so I will be out next weekend also). Perhaps the weekend after that.
At the very least I will hopefully see you guys at the SMMR trackday!
06-22-2015, 03:19 PM
cool. you guys talk aboot racing here more... Smile
06-22-2015, 03:20 PM
ooops, nvm... lol. just noticed other threads were from 2013... heh heh Smile