Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Track days
11-08-2013, 09:16 PM
RE: Track days
(11-08-2013 06:46 PM)R3K Wrote:  Usually the track day schedules for each year are up online around late Dec to early Jan.

As for leathers, it's more a matter of what you plan to do with them. If you're gonna ride track only in them, (and I don't know what level rider you are), then I'd suggest getting a 1 piece and being done with it. A 1 piece is probably better for street duty as well, but it's more awkward to deal with once you get to where you're going. A 2 piece will allow you to take off the jacket and walk around much easier if you wear it to a breakfast ride or something similar. As for the hump, I say...get it. It doesn't get in the way, and is just a little more added protection in the event of a crash. If your budget allows, get both...a 1 piece for track duty, and a 2 piece for street rides

This.

Even though I do mostly tracks days, I would still wear my one piece to RR rides. Honestly after a few rides, I would feel unprotected if I wore anything else. So my jacket and pants just started collecting dust.

I would recommend a one piece so you can use on track days and on the street. A two piece definitely adds convinience. However some trackday associations only accept a two piece if it has a 360 degree zipper conncetion the top to the bottoms and others just don't accept them at all. Ultimately it comes down to what you feel more comfortable in.

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2013, 04:49 PM
RE: Track days
Most modern one Piece suits have an aero hump. When i used to ride on the streets I still had a one piece suite for saturday rides etc.
One piece with hump is my recommendation.
Quote this message in a reply

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious