Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Thursday 7/24/2013
07-26-2013, 08:27 AM
RE: Thursday 7/24/2013
oh dont get me wrong.. I would of waited for him. I honestly did not see him.... That Guy did you just say EFF it and turn around? I seriously didn't go fast enough to lose you. Especially you speed racer...

Also is it normal for people to commit to ride and flake? I also thought there would be 4 or 5 guys there like Arson thought.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-2013, 08:30 AM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2013 08:31 AM by ars0n.)
I think you 3 were the only ones who said they were in? And you all showed? Usually when people say they are in, they are in and if they cant make it, they usually post back up saying they are out. There have been times where I and others havent been able to jump back on and say I am out, but this why we have a kickstands up time rule. If you aint there, without a word or heads up, then the ride starts at 6! No one can be really butt-hurt about that. I should know, I am the KING of tardy. I do a lot of technical phone support for my job, so its not uncommon for me to get a call, right before I head out, or during a ride, etc. etc.. but I will send out a text saying I am late or on the way, or jump on the board and check out the ride post.

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]
07-26-2013, 08:36 AM
You know I met up with some riders last week and they were talking about an app I think called "Line" where it's by invitation only and it's sort of like a mass text where if you send a message it blasts to whoevers on that "Line"

Anyhow it sounded kinda cool since its harder to get on the site via phone sometimes.

Maybe good for last minute rides to see who's available or whatever.
07-26-2013, 08:52 AM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2013 08:52 AM by ars0n.)
Do you use tapatalk at all? Ive been talking with the webadmin about getting it implemented.. It makes it a lot easier to navigate and respond on forums.. I am hoping we can get it going soon. =D I think it would help out a lot with people who want to check if anything is going on while they are out and about..

Never heard of line, but I am going to check it out and see!

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

07-26-2013, 09:11 AM
(07-26-2013 08:52 AM)ars0n Wrote:  Do you use tapatalk at all? Ive been talking with the webadmin about getting it implemented.. It makes it a lot easier to navigate and respond on forums.. I am hoping we can get it going soon. =D I think it would help out a lot with people who want to check if anything is going on while they are out and about..

Never heard of line, but I am going to check it out and see!

I'm not sure of budgets but what about an app? is that taking it too far?

I got an app called Motorcycle.com on my iphone and its a huge community of bikers from around the world. and the cool thing is you can be specific to which group you want to belong to.. for example I'm with the ZX Forums.
I posted of needing a right handlebar and a chick from FL sent me one for $15. Ebay had them for like $40 up...

and best of all there's a free version.
07-26-2013, 09:14 AM
Oh nice I have heard of that app also! But tapatalk is the an app also! Can be used on iphone and android.

07-26-2013, 10:29 AM
I arrived at 6:02 and That Guy was speeding off towards Red Rock. So I gassed up as quick as I could and headed off. I saw frosty come back into town while I was going up. Not exactly sure what happened. But when I stopped in Ice Box That Guy was the only one there.

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**
07-26-2013, 10:48 AM
(07-26-2013 10:29 AM)The Doctor Wrote:  I arrived at 6:02 and That Guy was speeding off towards Red Rock. So I gassed up as quick as I could and headed off. I saw frosty come back into town while I was going up. Not exactly sure what happened. But when I stopped in Ice Box That Guy was the only one there.

No way.. they close the loop down at 430.. check there web site..
07-26-2013, 11:23 AM
(07-26-2013 10:48 AM)LVBrokr Wrote:  No way.. they close the loop down at 430.. check there web site..

Huh?

The loop closes at 8PM between April and September.
7PM October and March.
5PM between November and February.

That has been the schedule pretty much forever.

What website are you looking at ?

---
Charlie don't surf!
The Cake is a Lie!
You're gonna love my nuts!
I haven't seen Yayo...
09 Husqvarna 510 - "Bouncing Betty"
07 ZX-6R - "Crack"
07 Mean Streak Special Edition - "Blow"

[Image: 1hPfLRu]
07-26-2013, 11:26 AM
You're talking about the Visitor's Center, where they have diagrams about all of the desert habitats, and taxidermy'd animals and stuff. We don't really care about that.

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious