Tail of the Dragon
06-02-2015, 05:55 AM
Tail of the Dragon
Ladies and Gents I'd like to introduce to you... Tail of the Dragon
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2015, 05:18 PM
RE: Tail of the Dragon
This would be so epic if it wasn't so freakin far from Vegas. I've got a buddy that had to go to some kind of schooling in that area years ago and he did the Dragon's Tail a couple of times per day for something like 2 weeks on his Goldwing. At the end of the trip, he needed to replace his floor boards because he was dragging them thru the turns. He road that bike like a damn 600!!

There's also a very scary aspect to this road too. I didn't watch the entire video, but they seemed to be really lucky with the traffic because as far as I know, the road isn't closed to 18 wheelers and there are pics on the net of semi trucks trying to navigate some of those super tight hairpin turns and the truck is completely blocking the ENTIRE road, even the runoff area on either side of the lanes, so if you were coming around the prior corner while you were bringing the heat, it would be a very bad ending to your day. They also have a tree at the bottom of the road (I think it's at the bottom) where you're supposed to nail up your busted bike parts if you get bitten by the Dragon and go down. Tree of shame type of thing. Just do a Google "images" search for Deal's Gap and check out the carnage. Some of it is funny, but most is horrific. I'd still like to experience it for myself though!!!
06-02-2015, 06:02 PM
RE: Tail of the Dragon
one day... OH YESSS. one dayyy...

"Sin City Sportbikes was founded by Las Vegas sport bike enthusiasts in response to a desire to promote a positive and safe image of the sport. Riders and enthusiasts from all over the Las Vegas Valley have joined together in an effort to give back to a community that has helped and nurtured us."

[Image: finalbanner.jpg]

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious