Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Switzz, my 2 best laps at Spring Mountain
11-29-2017, 08:24 PM
Switzz, my 2 best laps at Spring Mountain
My first track day was a real eye opener! I went there thinking that I needed work in one area, corner entry. I planned on working on that one thing. But I was WAY off. After riding for 30 years on the street I found many riding habits being detrimental on the track. The biggest and most dangerous was my muscle memory on braking. I've always used my rear brake. It's never been a problem. But on the track ur rear tire is so light it just locks up and played a major role in unsettling me which caused two different off track excursions. One of which had me needing some new underwear.
If you haven't ever done a track day, (and can afford one,) you should. I've been riding since I was 16 and I tried my first track day at 49. I am hooked. There is so much I want to work on. Body position, hitting my apex's, using my core more to get my weight off my bars, and of course, keeping my right foot away from that brake. I've already purchased 2 days at spring mountain in Feb and 1 day in April at chuckwalla. If all goes as planned I will attend between 8-10 events in 2018. My wife is gonna kill me!
Here's a link to my 2 best laps if you want to check it out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfbS4S6nBPs&t=80s
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-30-2017, 10:41 AM
RE: Switzz, my 2 best laps at Spring Mountain
We are all learning, the minute you feel you have learned everything there is to know, thats when ego takes over and usually ends in disaster!

"The Journey Is The Destination!”

Some do drugs others pop bottles we solve our problems with wide open throttles
01-01-2018, 07:01 PM
RE: Switzz, my 2 best laps at Spring Mountain
If you're looking to do a ton of track days this year, make sure you put Utah Motorsports Campus (formally Miller Motorsports Park) on your list. I go every labor day weekend because you get the full 4.5mile track configuration which helps to ease the congestion on the track since it's so big. Amazing track, not overly technical, and plenty fast.

My last trip up back in September.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6jnQJDeguI

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious