Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Sprinkler repair guy needed
08-18-2013, 10:28 AM
Sprinkler repair guy needed
Anyone know anyone that can hook me up on replacing a sprinkler solenoid and valve. Im sure I could do it, but having never done one, I dont want to get in there and realize I dont have the resources to do it.... and I just dont feel like it.

Im sure it will be a quick 10 minute deal but heres the catch. My land lord wants an invoice/receipt (i'll pay but he will reimburse me) and doesn't want just some guy doing it. Limited budget so Im not looking for the white glove type service, just someone that knows what the hell they are doing and can do it right.

let me know.
- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-18-2013, 10:51 AM
RE: Sprinkler repair guy needed
Sprinkler heads literally just unscrew. Normally don't even need a tool to do it.
08-18-2013, 11:15 AM
I tried to replace one once and the pipes were so old I ended up cracking it in another spot. I said screw it and went to Star Nursery and picked up a guy and he had it done in 30mins. Lol.

~ Jason
08-18-2013, 11:46 AM
Valve, not head. Heads are easy. Valves are not.

- Justin

- Ken "No Neck"

08-18-2013, 01:03 PM
disregard, gonna tackle it myself. dug into it a little and it doesn't look too bad.

- Justin

- Ken "No Neck"

08-18-2013, 03:38 PM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2013 03:39 PM by the falcon.)
Can you just replace the diaphram and solenoid? Otherwise replacing the whole valve is a bitch. Need to dig a couple feet on each side to get enough flex on the pipe. Unfortunately I'm a master sprinkler tech not by choice. I get to fix two of them tomorrow.

28 YEAR AMA CHARTER LIFE MEMBER! I ride the BUSA and THE GOLDWING 1800. Sold the Gsxr1000 for the 2002 KLR650
08-19-2013, 08:47 AM
Thought you said head for some reason. oops.
08-19-2013, 10:16 AM
The solenoid just unscrews and you can get an o-ring for $2. The valve is pretty easy. You just need enough room on either side and underneath. I have some cutters and PVC glue if you need and don't want to buy the tools. At most you may need a butt splice to add some pipe on ends. Lemme know if you wanna come buy to pick up the tools. I have a shovel and a pick ax too for digging.

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
08-21-2013, 03:17 PM
got 'er done! had to take out the valve in question as well as another valve that was not in use. Capped off the not in use pipes and made a new manifold for the new valve and installed. Works like a charm. So after 2 days of fucking around (granted the first day was more so me not wanting to do anything), a thieving Mexican that stole my tools while I was on a hardware store run (caught on my CCTV surveillance system), a trip to the other side of town to deal with the thieving Mexican's employer (very nice lady BTW), 3 trips to the hardware store and another trip to the thieving Mexican's employer tomorrow to collect my tools back, I'm good to go. Hope my ratchet wrench was worth his job cuz that's what it cost him. he was a flyer passer-outer guy.

and its only Wednesday. FML. At least that shits done and dealt with.

- Justin

- Ken "No Neck"

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious