Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Spring Mountain
09-01-2013, 07:39 PM
Spring Mountain
Hey everyone,

I'm going to be doing my first ever track day this coming weekend at Spring Mountain and since I'm new to all this I had a few questions that I couldn't find answers to on Trackxperience's website. I'm going to be riding in the new riders group on Sat only, I was wondering how much gas I'd probably need for the day? Also, I saw somewhere before about camping at the track the night before to get yourself situated and have to worry less about having to do everything in the morning. Do they still do that, I was wanting to get there Fri night before if that's the case, but I have no idea where to go set up etc.

Any info y'all can offer would be great. Plus it would be nice to meet a few members of the SCS group. I haven't been able to make any rides or meet ups. Feel free to come say hello, I'll be the guy with the black and gray CBR 600 F2. I'm also bringing an EZ Up so if anyone needs to park in the shade your welcome to pull in.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2013, 08:59 PM
RE: Spring Mountain
Nice to see another one taking to the track. As for gas, you will probably only use about 3/4 of a tank at most. I usually end up taking a gas can with 4 gallons that I end up putting in my truck at the end of the day. If anything I like to have the extra gas just to keep my gas light from coming on while I'm on the track.

As for the camping, you will have to check with the organizer. I have heard of some people camping at the track but mostly when doing both days, arriving morning of first day and leaving the following.

I myself won't be going however I think there might be a few other members heading out there. Just remember that it's not a race and your not out to impress anyone. Track Experience is a good group and they put on good events. I highly suggest getting your suspension tuned. The guys from Geared up Moto will be there doing suspension tuning. Jordan knows his stuff. You will be surprised how well the stock suspension works when properly tuned. If you have any other questions or concerns that aren't addressed, shoot me a PM.

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
09-01-2013, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the advice. I'm planning on taking it pretty slow, I'm not so much concerned with going fast as I am with just getting better with my cornering and finding out what I'm doing wrong and can do better. I was considering having thesuspension tuned, I know I'm not advanced enough of a rider to really take advantage of any adjustments, but it would probably be beneficial since I'm on a 20 year old bike that has probably never been adjusted.
09-01-2013, 09:51 PM
I might be going to that track day.

Did you sign up for the class?
If not, I suggest you do.

Gas?
You'll probably be ok with a full tank.
But, doesn't hurt to bring a gallon or two extra.

Camping...
I'm not sure if they're doing it for this one.
Contact them to verify... They usually do, but...

(09-01-2013 07:39 PM)Slampe Wrote:  Hey everyone,

I'm going to be doing my first ever track day this coming weekend at Spring Mountain and since I'm new to all this I had a few questions that I couldn't find answers to on Trackxperience's website. I'm going to be riding in the new riders group on Sat only, I was wondering how much gas I'd probably need for the day? Also, I saw somewhere before about camping at the track the night before to get yourself situated and have to worry less about having to do everything in the morning. Do they still do that, I was wanting to get there Fri night before if that's the case, but I have no idea where to go set up etc.

Any info y'all can offer would be great. Plus it would be nice to meet a few members of the SCS group. I haven't been able to make any rides or meet ups. Feel free to come say hello, I'll be the guy with the black and gray CBR 600 F2. I'm also bringing an EZ Up so if anyone needs to park in the shade your welcome to pull in.

---
Charlie don't surf!
The Cake is a Lie!
You're gonna love my nuts!
I haven't seen Yayo...
09 Husqvarna 510 - "Bouncing Betty"
07 ZX-6R - "Crack"
07 Mean Streak Special Edition - "Blow"

[Image: 1hPfLRu]
09-02-2013, 10:53 AM
This sounds like something if be interested in doing in the future.

Dumb question but where's This track?
09-02-2013, 01:32 PM
(09-02-2013 10:53 AM)LVBrokr Wrote:  This sounds like something if be interested in doing in the future.

Pahrump, they have a HUGE facility out there.... Never been myself, can't wait though!

Keep an eye out for LVMS, they do track days out there too!

Not everybody DOESN'T do those things either!
09-02-2013, 08:05 PM
(09-02-2013 01:32 PM)12DCRR Wrote:  
(09-02-2013 10:53 AM)LVBrokr Wrote:  This sounds like something if be interested in doing in the future.

Pahrump, they have a HUGE facility out there.... Never been myself, can't wait though!

Keep an eye out for LVMS, they do track days out there too!

It's suppose to be great track from what I understand. I know one of the instructors who does works out there and races there fleet of corvettes. This will be my first time.

I was thinking of signing up for the beginners class, but since I already know everything I figured I don't need it. Just kidding, I'm signed up for the new riders class, I'm open to any instruction they can give me. I'll be the 40 year old guy on a 20 year old bike, I need all the help I can get.

I was checking on the camping situation with that friend of mine, he said he'd make a call to check but said it should be ok. I'm hoping other people have the same plan.
09-03-2013, 07:49 AM
I've got a buddy doing both days and he said he's camping there Satuday night, so I'm assuming camping there has been given the green light. I'll be out there on Saturday only also. Been doing track days for years and have plenty of experience getting around Pahrump. Feel free to ask questions. I don't claim to know it all or be the fastest dude around, but I know enough to be dangerous. I'll be under a blue EZ up with an all white Suzuki with race bodywork on it.

As others have said, there is nothing at stake so no need to try something you're not comfortable doing just yet, but I guarantee you that after just one track day, you'll be a 100% better rider on the street...simply because you have learned better braking techniques, throttle control, body positioning, etc., but most importantly, you will have learned what YOU are capable of! Have fun!!!!
09-03-2013, 08:01 AM
How often do they open the track up to motorcyclists?

I found the the tracks website but dont see this weekends schedule.. I may just ride out to check it out..
09-03-2013, 08:12 AM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2013 08:17 AM by R3K.)
(09-03-2013 08:01 AM)LVBrokr Wrote:  How often do they open the track up to motorcyclists?

I found the the tracks website but dont see this weekends schedule.. I may just ride out to check it out..

It depends on when the different organizations can rent the track as to how often it's open to motorcyclists.

I've attempted to attached a track day schedule I put together for myself at the beginning of the year. It lists who is hosting what, at which track, and for how much. It's a word document so I'm not sure how, or IF, it will work. Keep in mind that I made this at the beginning of the year so I'm not sure if any changes have occured or not. Also, I believe Racer's Edge is now doing something on 1 Nov at LVMS but that's not listed on my schedule.

.docx  2013 Track Day Calendar.docx (Size: 18.81 KB / Downloads: 4)

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious