Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Ski/Snowboard/playing in the snow!
11-30-2012, 09:52 AM
RE: Ski/Snowboard/playing in the snow!
(11-29-2012 03:02 PM)JetMech Wrote:  Never done it, but I really want to learn how to snowboard. After the new year, hopefully work will be slow enough to where I can plan shit out and get my social life back.

IT F'ING HURTS!!!!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-30-2012, 10:15 AM
(11-30-2012 09:52 AM)Hammer Wrote:  
(11-29-2012 03:02 PM)JetMech Wrote:  Never done it, but I really want to learn how to snowboard. After the new year, hopefully work will be slow enough to where I can plan shit out and get my social life back.

IT F'ING HURTS!!!!!!

Nah, It ain't that bad. It can certainly be frustrating at first trying to grasp the concept of boarding but once you have a basic working knowledge of the physics behind it, you will progress just fine. As unnatural as it may sound, boarding is a lot easier the faster you go. You have far more stability. That being said, it hurts a bit more when you discover that you did something wrong. Its still fun though. The lifts are probably going to be the hardest part to get the hang of.

T-Bar lifts are... for lack of a better word... the devil. I avoid them at all costs (not sure if brianhead has an T-Bars). Don't even try them unless you have a few seasons under your belt.

Seriously though. Get out and try it. If i get a little funds, I wouldn't mind taking some folks up to Charleston for some lessons - I'm a decent teacher for boarding and Charleston seems like just one big bunny hill so it may be perfect.

- justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
12-02-2012, 03:28 PM
(11-30-2012 09:52 AM)Hammer Wrote:  

IT F'ING HURTS!!!!!!

Everything hurts your first time.

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious