Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Pahrump Track this weekend
09-06-2013, 07:09 AM
RE: Pahrump Track this weekend
(09-05-2013 08:52 PM)JetMech Wrote:  Nice. Hopefully ill have my Vesrah brake pads and Bridgestone R10's by then. If I do, I'm in.

Ooooh, I've been tempted to try the R10's. Heard a LOT of good things about them online and on racing forums. The thing that makes me hesitate is that a lot of people said they had a hard time getting enough heat in the front so there have been a number of people that have either crashed, or almost crashed, because they lost the front. I guess the carcass is different than a Dunlop D211 (which is my current tire of choice) so they require a much higher tire pressure to operate correctly, and since we don't have a Bridgestone guy around here (that I know of), I'm a little more nervous to venture away from Dunlop. I'm still thinkg about it though. I hear that turn in is stupid quick with the R10's too! Hopefully I'll finally get to meet you and hear first hand how you liked the tires. Maybe a post track day review of the tires should be in your future!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2013, 01:29 PM
Quote:TI2TT is at pahrump 28-29th!

I'll be at this one. Haven't been on the track since SMMR in April so I've been jonzing. Been messing with my ergos and fork tube height in the triple clamps to adjust my turning/stability and the bike is feeling better than it ever has so hopefully that translates into a good day.
09-06-2013, 02:37 PM
I'm assuming that if its raining it will be cancelled?
09-06-2013, 06:58 PM
(09-06-2013 01:29 PM)ridethebigone Wrote:  
Quote:TI2TT is at pahrump 28-29th!

I'll be at this one. Haven't been on the track since SMMR in April so I've been jonzing. Been messing with my ergos and fork tube height in the triple clamps to adjust my turning/stability and the bike is feeling better than it ever has so hopefully that translates into a good day.
It will be good to see you out there again. Haven't seen you at the track or on the forums so I thought you fell off the edge of the planet!
09-06-2013, 08:45 PM
(09-06-2013 07:09 AM)R3K Wrote:  
(09-05-2013 08:52 PM)JetMech Wrote:  Nice. Hopefully ill have my Vesrah brake pads and Bridgestone R10's by then. If I do, I'm in.

Ooooh, I've been tempted to try the R10's. Heard a LOT of good things about them online and on racing forums. The thing that makes me hesitate is that a lot of people said they had a hard time getting enough heat in the front so there have been a number of people that have either crashed, or almost crashed, because they lost the front. I guess the carcass is different than a Dunlop D211 (which is my current tire of choice) so they require a much higher tire pressure to operate correctly, and since we don't have a Bridgestone guy around here (that I know of), I'm a little more nervous to venture away from Dunlop. I'm still thinkg about it though. I hear that turn in is stupid quick with the R10's too! Hopefully I'll finally get to meet you and hear first hand how you liked the tires. Maybe a post track day review of the tires should be in your future!!!

The guys at geared up told me about te R10's and now that you mention it, they did crash. I may have to steer towards the Dunlops 211's. I have even considered just getting the q3's for cost and durability reasons.

Either way I will be out at the track either Sep 28-29 or Oct 12-13 with track experience. Hope to meet ya soon. Will keep you posted as the parts trickle in.

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
09-11-2013, 05:46 AM
Quote:It will be good to see you out there again. Haven't seen you at the track or on the forums so I thought you fell off the edge of the planet!

Haha, yeah I've been busy with non-street-motorcycle related endeavors this summer, been fucking around with a couple two smokes, but it'll be good to get back out there and see everyone.

Quote: I have even considered just getting the q3's for cost and durability reasons.

I'm going with a new set of Q3s, from what I've read they're the knees of the bees for street/track tires, just like the Q2s were.

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious