Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
New Tires Advice
08-14-2013, 07:57 AM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2013 07:58 AM by Rev. That Guy.)
RE: New Tires Advice
(08-12-2013 09:25 PM)ars0n Wrote:  all up in yo tires.

all your tire are belong to us!

- J

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2013, 08:00 AM
Dunlops are good. I do mostly track days with my Q2's. And from what I have read the Q3's are way better. I had stock Battleaxes too and they work great. Just remember stickier rubber, doesn't always equate to a better handling bike. I would get the suspension set up for your weight before getting new tires. My suspension was set up from the factory my first few track days and the second I got the suspension set up, it was like riding a whole new bike. Just my $.02.

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
08-15-2013, 02:29 AM
I'm not up todate on tires but I can mount them for you

Still tryen to find the end of that long white line!
Ride to the max jus don't fuck up Wink
08-15-2013, 02:40 AM
(08-15-2013 02:29 AM)M3ll0 Wrote:  I'm not up todate on tires but I can mount them for you

You my friend... will Mount anything! ha!

[Image: 9d765f67-981a-472a-ac7e-cd56d5c63b90_zps...1369163536]
08-15-2013, 05:43 AM
Everyone has their tire preference, but I'll second (or third) the vote on Dunlops. Without knowing your riding style, ability, or street/track intentions, and assuming you're looking for something that is more street oriented than track, I'll offer this...the Q2 has been voted the best of the street/track day tires by Sport Rider for a number of years now, and all initial reviews by the same magazine, as well as many others, have rated the Q3 even better than the Q2 it replaces. But since you say you're looking for something stickier, then you may want to consider something more track oriented than street. That's a whole new ballgame and you'll get a lot more opinions on what's hot and what's not. Right now, I'm a Dunlop man running the AMA spec race tire (D211GPA). Awesome edge grip, great feedback, and great initial turn in without a ton of effort. I'm considering trying out the Bridgestone R10's though. From everything I've read, they're at least as good as the Dunlops, but with much faster turn in (because of the steeper profile) and best of all, they're cheaper! You've also got Pirelli and Michelin to choose from in this category as well, More options in the DOT "race" tire category, but for a street/trackday tire, it really is a no brainer...Dunlop Q3. Good luck and happy shopping!

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious