Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
02-19-2014, 11:20 PM
Wink New Member
Good evening,

So I joined a little while ago but that was through my phone and impossible to type a long or even short intro lol so here it goes.

My name is Matthew or Matt which ever you all prefer I am a fairly new rider as in I decided to get my endorsement on Sept 3rd 3013 ( my birthday present ) to myself and than my bike in October 2013. I have never rode a motorcycle before hand in my life lol.

I ride a Yamaha 2013 Yzf6r and love it I ride all I can ( since it's my only means of transportation ) unfortunately I have also have experience in laying a bike down also ( saddest day of my life ) not my fault and came out alive so I can't complain but anyway I only have one friend who works alot who rides and I would love to find more people to ride with.

There is no better feeling to me than getting on my bike and hitting the road weather I head out to LA or around Vegas out for a run at Red Rock. Anyway I am 28 yrs old and a veteran spent 5 years in the US Army once I was out I moved to Las Vegas so I have been here for a little while but still considered new by Vegas standards lol.

Anyway thanks for giving this a read and I look forward to meeting / riding with you all soon. Oh weekend rides are preferred since I work m-f 9/5 lol

[Image: 974fa0bf-8d8f-4221-a8e7-3a10d3ac92ef.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 11:43 PM
RE: New Member
Yo welcome Matt! So you dropped your bike like a month or two after you got it huh. Glad you are ok and glad it wasnt your fault. Might want to look into defense riding courses as well. I think Arson( Leader) will be posting something about a group MSF that we do every year at a little discount.

Well like you can see we are going on a ride to Death Valley saturday morning if you are interested.

Glad you are here and hope to see you out and about sometime.
02-20-2014, 06:14 AM
Hey there fella, welcome! Glad to see you found us. You found a great group of guys to ride with! hope to see you out there soon, I would be on the death valley ride, but I have fucking Drill.. FML!

[Image: 9d765f67-981a-472a-ac7e-cd56d5c63b90_zps...1369163536]
02-20-2014, 07:21 AM
Welcome! check your PMs.

- J

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
02-20-2014, 08:34 AM
Welcome to the site!

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
02-20-2014, 08:41 AM
Wlcome to the fourm and keep an eye out for posted rides.

I don't need anger management, you need to shut the fuck up
I may have to grow up ,But I can be immature for life
02-20-2014, 09:30 AM
Welcome to the two wheel community of las Vegas, or the zoo as some of us call it! Ride safe out there and see you on some rides!

LIVE OR DIE TRYING
03-18-2014, 03:24 PM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2014 03:27 PM by VEGASRIDER.)
Welcome, and nice intro. There are a select few who has made their bike their only ride, including myself even though I moved up to Idaho, in which I have now survived two winters on my bike.

I've been without a vehicle for almost a decade.

My advice:

1. Take the MSF BRC, a must for new riders even though you physically know how to ride. 90% riding is mental. Even the most experienced riders will often take a refresher class every 2-3 years. Although I'm still a MSF Rider Coach, last summer I took an advanced motorcycle safety class here in Idaho through the Idaho Stars Motorcycle Safety Program, they do not use the MSF curriculum here in Idaho so my MSF certification is not valid to teach here.

2. Where all your gear, including riding pants with armor, jeans does not provide appropriate protection in the event of a major crash or at higher speeds. Remember, if you are planning on making your bike as your only ride, you are at a much higher risk as a daily rider versus the weekend rider.

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious