Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Need Mechanic work
04-26-2014, 01:53 PM
Need Mechanic work
Hi Guys and Gals,

I have a 1988 Katana 600 that I have not been able to ride since I was injured in the Marines

I need things like tires mounted and forks tuned up ...I can buy the parts and pay you a few bucks for your efforts.

I tried to get a so called mechanic to my house but so far he has not showed up always had issues with his vehicle...Not sure if I want him working on it at all...

also I am a Microsoft Engineer if you need computer work done lulz

thanks and Hi to all as I am new to these forums
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2014, 02:06 PM
RE: Need Mechanic work
Get a hold of that guy just pm him

I don't need anger management, you need to shut the fuck up
I may have to grow up ,But I can be immature for life
04-26-2014, 04:10 PM
Awesome because this dude just showed up ...broke my fuel petcock charged me $60 and left...so off to eBay to purchase a new one...but the bike did fire off with starter fluid

PMing him now
04-26-2014, 05:57 PM
thatguy, is the man.

[Image: 9d765f67-981a-472a-ac7e-cd56d5c63b90_zps...1369163536]
04-26-2014, 07:10 PM
I'm not sure if you've heard, but That Guy does mechanic work...

"250 is like the honey badger, it doesn't give a shit"

906+ years and still going!

**2013-2016 Secretary**
04-26-2014, 07:32 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2014 07:32 PM by lunat1k.)
I wish I had read a bit more , like at all

Not sure how I missed all the good things said about "That Guy"

I just want to ride my bike again...it may be old and only a 600 but we have been thru a lot together and I can tell you she can do a min of 145 mph

Oh I got a ticket on the freeway for 145+ because I guess I pulled away from a Helocopter at that speed.. go figure
04-27-2014, 08:28 AM
(04-26-2014 07:32 PM)lunat1k Wrote:  I wish I had read a bit more , like at all

Not sure how I missed all the good things said about "That Guy"

I just want to ride my bike again...it may be old and only a 600 but we have been thru a lot together and I can tell you she can do a min of 145 mph

Oh I got a ticket on the freeway for 145+ because I guess I pulled away from a Helocopter at that speed.. go figure

Wow, broke your petcock and charged you to do it? Thats pretty bad.

I would have doubts that your bike can reach 145... or at least maintain it. speeding tickets issued due to aircraft timing is notorious for being "generous" on the speed... especially if it is a higher rate of speed. 1/4 of a second off on the timing can be 10-20 mph off on speed if you are clipping along. Not dogging on your bike by any means - just owned enough older 600's to know that the power just isnt there.

anyway. let me know some details about what going on with the bike. Were you just trying to get it running? how long has it been sitting? what all needs to be done with it?

Hopefully the "mechanic" you called didn't do any more harm. Starting fluid - usually ether - can be VERY harmful to the rubber vacuum diaphragms in the carbs. I know this when i had to replace $300 worth of them on an old bike years and years ago before i knew anything about turning wrenches, used starting fluid and its fired, but then got worse and worse. The starting fluid was dissolving the soft rubber.

Shoot me a text
702-904-0809

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]
04-27-2014, 09:01 AM
Thanks I will text you here in a few....

The speed was clocked from the Troopers Mustang either way it cost me a boatload of money if the trooper had not asked the judge to go on the 90+ i would have been looking at a misdemeanor and prison time , instead i got $510 fine and a ride along with that trooper
04-30-2014, 07:30 AM
Yeah My new parts will be here on Friday and I can have "That Guy" fix my awesome ride and once again I will be free...can you tell I am excited?
05-22-2014, 09:06 AM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2014 09:06 AM by Rev. That Guy.)
hey bro, still down to help but with the new job, available time is next to nothing. Sorry about that. I work swings and my body still wants to get up at 5am so its been a rough adjustment.

I should be finished up with a few projects this week so may have some time sun-mon-tue of this coming week if you still want me to take a peek.

- Justin

"You were taking it easy right? Because I could keep up with
you and from what I understand, I shouldn't be able to do that..."
- Ken "No Neck"

[Image: sig1.png]

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious