Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Mt. Charleston Riding
05-26-2014, 01:05 PM
Mt. Charleston Riding
Just wanted to let everyone know that if you're planning a ride up Mt. Charleston (Kyle Canyon) any time soon, be prepared to do some offroading. They are redoing the road up there and today we discovered about 15 miles or so up that the road is completely torn away and you'll be on hard packed dirt & gravel for about a mile or so. It's really not that bad, but if your bike is nice and shiney, and you want it to stay that way, then Mt. Charleston is not the ride for you right now.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2014, 01:15 PM
RE: Mt. Charleston Riding
Thanks for the heads up

I don't need anger management, you need to shut the fuck up
I may have to grow up ,But I can be immature for life
05-26-2014, 01:22 PM
Right now the work is below Deer Creek Rd (SR158) so going up Lee Canyon (SR156) is an option to avoid the construction zone but I have no idea how long that option will be available.

Also, the Rangers are in force up there today as well, but that's probably everywhere since it's a holiday weekend.
05-26-2014, 03:10 PM
Yeah thats where they are starting from, They are building a bicycle lane all the way down to the bottom. So its going to be a long work in progress, and they just started.

[Image: 9d765f67-981a-472a-ac7e-cd56d5c63b90_zps...1369163536]
05-26-2014, 05:38 PM
Dang.i haven't been up to Mt Charleston in years.thanks for the heads up .
05-27-2014, 10:40 AM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2014 10:41 AM by ftl900.)
I rode up there over the weekend... it's not hard packed dirt anymore. They're using a water truck to keep the dust down,. so now it's about a half mile of hard packed... mud.
Easy enough to ride thru, but it splatters mud (or very dirty water) on the bike. We rode back down the long way, Lee Canyon road to 95.

FJR1300, ZRX1100
[Image: Amry_patches-sm.png][Image: visited_states.png]

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious