Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
MotoGP Round 2: COTA in Austin TX
04-25-2013, 08:28 PM
MotoGP Round 2: COTA in Austin TX
Holy crap. Marquez put on a clinic!!! Youngest ever to win from pole. Previous record holder......Freddie Spencer. Marquez was amazing, sliding and drifting. It was a marvel to watch. He just flat out made the most of the motorcycle, the tires, and the track! Along the back straight these guys were topping out at 212 Mph.

The circuit was well designed. Lots of variety; long sweepers, long straights, elevation changes, fast "S's". Great commentary too. This had to have been one of the most entertaining races I have seen in a while. Pedrosa has got to be shaking in his boots and Lorenzo scratching his head. This kid, Marquezis the real deal and the season is only two races old. I can't wait for round 3!!!

Work Smarter, Not Harder. Cool
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2013, 04:50 AM
RE: MotoGP Round 2: COTA in Austin TX
(04-25-2013 08:28 PM)JetMech Wrote:  Holy crap. Marquez put on a clinic!!! Youngest ever to win from pole. Previous record holder......Freddie Spencer. Marquez was amazing, sliding and drifting. It was a marvel to watch. He just flat out made the most of the motorcycle, the tires, and the track! Along the back straight these guys were topping out at 212 Mph.

The circuit was well designed. Lots of variety; long sweepers, long straights, elevation changes, fast "S's". Great commentary too. This had to have been one of the most entertaining races I have seen in a while. Pedrosa has got to be shaking in his boots and Lorenzo scratching his head. This kid, Marquezis the real deal and the season is only two races old. I can't wait for round 3!!!

Marquez has definitely inserted some excitement into a very boring racing series. It will be interesting to see if he can keep up his momentum and put together an awesome season, without becoming crash prone from trying too hard...like most rookies do.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Technorati Digg MySpace Delicious